Almond Berry Pancakes

Fri, 08 Jan 2021 17:48:33 -0800
v121.n002.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Pancakes, Almond Berry

Recipe By     : Sarah Haengel
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Nuts                            Pancakes/Waffles
                 Posted

      3/4           cup  all-purpose flour
      1/2           cup  whole wheat flour
      1/4           cup  sugar
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
                         Dash salt
   1              large  egg -- room temperature, lightly beaten
   1 1/4           cups  fat-free milk
   2        tablespoons  butter -- melted
      1/2      teaspoon  almond extract
      1/2           cup  fresh raspberries
      1/2           cup  fresh blueberries
                         Optional:
                         Confectioners' sugar -- and
                         additional fresh berries

Whole wheat flour and two kinds of berries add an extra helping of
nutrition to these hearty pancakes. It's a breakfast I feel good about eating.

Prep: 15 min.
Cook: 5 min./batch
Serving size: 2 pancakes

In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and extract; stir into
dry ingredients just until moistened.

Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; sprinkle with
berries. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is
golden brown. Garnish with confectioners' sugar and additional
berries if desired.

Cal 239, Fat 6g, Carb 40g, Sod 262mg, Fiber 3g, Pro 7g

Review: Very easy and tasty. My daughter loves pancakes so we try new
recipes together often. We ate it with blueberry syrup and the fresh
fruit. It was delicious!

Review: Very good! I used fresh raspberries and blackberries (they
burst a little when cooking though as they are delicate ). Next time
I would cut the almond extract in half, I love almond flavour but I
found it just a little too strong in that fake way that extract can
taste if there's too much, I'd want it more subtle.

Review: Easy and delicious. Only made with blueberries as that was
all I had on had. Added some strawberries also.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/almond-berry-pancakes/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 110 Calories; 3g Fat (24.7%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
27mg Cholesterol; 129mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0108