Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Tue, 02 Feb 2021 16:20:33 -0800
v121.n005.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                           Muffins, Pumpkin Spice

Recipe By     : Natalie
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted                          Vegetables

   2               cups  flour
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  salt
   1         tablespoon  cinnamon
      1/2      teaspoon  nutmeg
      1/2      teaspoon  ginger
      3/4           cup  brown sugar
      1/2           cup  granulated sugar
      3/4           cup  vegetable oil -- or canola oil
   2              large  eggs -- slightly beaten
   1 1/2           cups  pumpkin puree
   1           teaspoon  vanilla
   2        tablespoons  cinnamon sugar

It's starting to feel more and more like fall here in Ontario! The
leaves are falling off the trees, the nights are getting chilly, and
most importantly pumpkin is abundant! I find that pumpkin is one of
those flavors where you're either obsessed, or you really don't enjoy
it. In my house, I am team pumpkin all the way, but my husband... not
so much. He once told me that 'pumpkin should be eaten in a pie once
a year at thanksgiving and that's it'. Um, what? I honestly still
don't know how to respond to this ludicrous statement, except by
baking all the pumpkin treats to try and force some sense into him. I
made not one, not two, but three batches of these pumpkin muffins.
And, guess what? Not only did my husband try them, he actually
enjoyed them and possibly ate more than me!

Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 18 Minutes
Total: 28 Minutes

Preheat oven to 375F, grease or line a 12 count muffin pan

In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda,
salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, brown sugar, and granulated sugar

Stir in oil, eggs pumpkin puree, and vanilla, mix until thoroughly
combined and no lumps remain

Divide batter into 12 equal portions in prepared pan, pan will be quite full

Sprinkle cinnamon sugar generously over muffins

Bake in preheated oven 15 to 18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted
into center comes out clean

Tips: You can make your own cinnamon sugar using 1 1/2 tablespoons of
sugar and 1/2 a tablespoon of cinnamon

S(Internet address):
   https://www.foodtalkdaily.com/44318168/pumpkin-spice-muffins

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 297 Calories; 15g Fat (44.2%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 38g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
35mg Cholesterol; 381mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0202