Copycat Texas Road House Rolls

Fri, 05 Feb 2021 14:39:01 -0800
v121.n007.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                      Rolls, Copycat Texas Road House

Recipe By     : Ellen and Aimee
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   2               cups  milk
   3                TBS  butter
   1                TBS  active dry yeast -- or 1 package
      1/2           cup  warm water
      1/2           cup  sugar -- divided
      1/2           cup  honey
   7 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- (+ or - up to 1/2 cup, divided)
   2                     eggs
   2                tsp  salt
                         butter

Have you been to Texas Road House? To start you off they bring you
some of the most amazing rolls in the world. They are covered in
butter, so fluffy and delicious and then they give you some honey
butter to top them off with.

Put milk in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and
remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly.

Melt your butter in the microwave. Set aside.

Combine yeast, warm water and 1 TBS sugar in a mixing bowl. Allow
yeast to bubble.

Add remaining sugar, honey, milk, and 3.5 cups flour to the yeast
mixture. Beat together for a couple minutes.

Add butter, eggs and salt and stir well.

Add additional flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough begins to separate
from the sides.

Let rest for a few minutes.

Knead dough for about 5 minutes. Add additional flour by the
tablespoon if dough gets sticky.

Remove dough from bowl and grease bowl.

Return dough to bowl and turn it over so it all gets covered in grease.

Loosely cover bowl with plastic wrap.

Allow to rise till doubled in size. About 45 minutes (Depending how
warm your house is)

Once the dough has doubled, punch it down for about a minutes.

Roll the dough out till it is about 1/2" thick.

Fold the dough in half, so its now about 1" thick and roll over the
dough a little to seal the two halves.

Cut the dough into approximately 2" squares.

Place dough on a greased baking sheet and cover loosely with plastic wrap.

Allow to double in size again. About 1 hour.

Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes, until golden brown.

Immediately rub the tops of the rolls with butter.

Review: Great photo. Looks VERY professional and brought me to your
great blog. I have enjoyed reading through your site. These Texas
Roadhouse rolls were the first recipe I have tried from this blog.
OMG!! These are so yummy and easy. The recipe is easy to follow and
also easy to cut in 1/2 since I don't need to many rolls. (I ended up
with 15) They are soft and pillowy - just incredible. I made cinnamon
honey butter to go with them.

Review: We had them for breakfast on Day 2. 6 minutes in a warm oven,
and they tasted just like fresh baked.
This is definitely a keeper and I look forward to trying more of your recipes.

Review: This recipe was my first attempt making bread dough. I
followed the recipe exactly as printed. I cannot thank you enough for
posting this! They are AMAZING!!! I am making my second batch right
now, twice in a week. There are quite a few recipes out there like
yours. Your photo just looked so homey & charming I was drawn in
immediately. I love these. ThankYou again!

Review: Great recipe, thank you! I made half the recipe, reduced
sugar to 2 Tbsp, made dough in the breadmaker as per their
instructions (first all liquid ingredients, all the rest on top) and
then proceeded as per the recipe. Turned out amazing. Don't hesitate
to use a breadmaker!

Question: When my rolls are done rising what should I do with rest of
the rolls that I don't need right now? Can I freeze them?
Response:  I have never frozen this dough. But if I were going to I
would freeze the dough after the first rise but before the second. Or
I would just cook the rolls and freeze them after they were cooked.

Review: I also would like to say a couple things: A 'packet' of yeast
is about 2 1/4 tspns. I used 3 (or 1tblspn) as the recipe called for.
The first rise was perfect and spot on. The second rise was slower.
but the rolls baked up large and puffy in the oven perfectly.

If they aren't rising completely on the counter or wherever, proof
them in the oven that had been heated to 200* and then turn the oven
off before putting the rolls in to rise.

Whomever commented about the 'heat' of the milk is correct, too hot
it will kill the yeast, too cold and it won't activate. I don't 'temp
test' my liquids, but I did proof my active rise yeast before adding
it to the rest of the ingredients.

Depending on where you live, rising might act differently. I'm in CO
at 6,000+ above sea level. That has been a whole new learning curve
for me, being that I'm originally from back east.

Review: Delish! I made these yesterday for Easter Dinner and they
were a lot of work, but PERFECT. Of course, I realized about halfway
in that I was going to have twice as many rolls as I needed - lol
soooo the guys at work say "thank you" for the best roll recipe yet.

Review: I just made these for Easter tomorrow and they taste
delicious however, they did not rise as large as they look in the
photos, and looked at all the feedback before making them. I did cut
this recipe in half and it made 20 rolls. The main thing I noticed is
it says pinch the ends together after you fold it, in which you have
to make sure really well all pieces are pinched. I had a few that
kind of seperated but just makes it easier for butter to slide in!

S(Internet address):
   https://lmld.org/copycat-texas-road-house-rolls/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 146 Calories; 2g Fat (12.5%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
17mg Cholesterol; 144mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0328