Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Muffins

Thu, 15 Apr 2021 17:34:07 -0700
v121.n019.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Muffins, Chocolate Chip Banana Nut

Recipe By     : Judith Hannemann
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Chocolate/Cocoa
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted

   1 1/2           cups  flour
      3/4          cups  sugar
   1                tsp  baking powder
   1                tsp  baking soda
      1/2           tsp  salt
      1/2           cup  chocolate chips -- mini
      1/2           cup  pecans -- chopped, or walnuts
   1                     egg -- slightly beaten
   3              large  bananas -- ripe, mashed
      1/2           cup  butter -- melted
                         Topping:
                         Sanding -- or coarse sugar

Dress up ordinary banana muffins with nuts and chocolate. Then you
have the ultimate muffin!

Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Combine wet ingredients in
another bowl, mixing well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and
mix just until combined. Do not overmix.

Preheat oven to 375F. Line a Texas muffin pan (pan has 6 large
muffins) with large muffin papers or grease the pan. Fill each cup
3/4 full; top with crumbs. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tester
comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool completely.

Makes 6 large muffins.

For Regular Sized Muffins: Follow the above instructions, except use
a regular-sized muffin pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes. This will
make 12 regular-sized muffins.

Notes: Nutritional info is for the large Texas-sized muffin. Regular
muffin would be approximately 1/2 those values.

Cal 548, Fat 27g, Carb 74g, Sod 561mg, Fiber 4g, Pro 7g

Question: The combo of chocolate chips, bananas, & nuts sound
incredibly tasty. I have everything on hand, but I'm wondering if
this could be baked in a loaf pan, instead of making muffins. I'm
sure that the baking time would need to be increased to perhaps 50 to
55 min., or so.
Reply: I would use the time from a loaf of banana bread. Maybe around
50 minutes, that's off the top of my head, but I'd check a similar
recipe for a loaf.

S(Internet address):
   https://bakeatmidnite.com/chocolate-chip-banana-nut-muffins/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 562 Calories; 28g Fat (43.5%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 76g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber;
77mg Cholesterol; 640mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0415