Easy Corn Bread

Fri, 25 Feb 2022 21:03:32 -0800
v122.n007.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                              Corn Bread, Easy

Recipe By     : Barry C. Parsons
Serving Size  : 9     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

      3/4           cup  all-purpose flour -- +
   2               tbsp  all-purpose flour
   1                cup  yellow cornmeal
   2               tbsp  sugar
   1 1/2            tsp  baking powder
      1/4           tsp  baking soda
   2              large  eggs
   1 1/2           cups  buttermilk
      1/3           cup  melted butter

Sift together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.

Add the eggs, melted butter and milk and beat together until smooth.

Pour batter into a well greased 8x8 baking dish and bake at 350
degrees F (325 degrees F for glass bakeware) for about 25 - 30
minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cal 215, Fat 10g, Carb 25g, Sod 152mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 5g

Review: Made it, it was good and not too sweet.

There's no salt in the recipe, so I added about a 1/4 tsp, could
probably go as high a 1/2 tsp.

Since this is essentially a cake, I'm leery of over-mixing - so I
whisked away and when all seemed combined I poured it into a (9x9)
pan, as that's all I have, and baked it.

The result was good, but strange - the cornmeal mostly sunk to the
bottom, leaving a light, lush almost creamy layer on top. I suspect I
didn't beat it enough.

Question: Just wondering if you could put corn bread into muffin tin
instead of baking dish?
Response: Sure thing. Test them after 15 minutes.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.rockrecipes.com/the-best-easy-cornbread-recipe/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 205 Calories; 9g Fat (38.1%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
67mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 1202