No Knead Honey Oatmeal Bread

Sun, 15 May 2022 19:07:01 -0700
v122.n016.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, No Knead Honey Oatmeal

Recipe By     : Janice Dancer
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted

   2               cups  water -- divided
   1                cup  rolled oats
      1/3           cup  butter -- softened
      1/3           cup  honey
   1         tablespoon  salt
   4 1/2            tsp  active dry yeast -- (2 pkgs/1/4 oz each)
   1              large  egg -- room temperature
   4               cups  all-purpose flour -- (to 5C)
                         Melted butter -- optional

We especially enjoy this tasty bread because we like using honey as a
natural sweetener means healthier eating. We use the bread for both
toast and sandwiches. It's lovely during the holidays, too - or, for
that matter, anytime!

Prep: 25 min. + rising
Bake: 40 min.
Makes: 2 loaves
Servings: 12 slices each

In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup water to boiling. Stir in the oats,
butter, honey and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110-115F,
stirring occasionally. Heat remaining water to 110-115F.

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the egg, oat
mixture and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining
flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Do not knead.
Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and
let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down dough; divide evenly between 2 greased 8x4" loaf pans.
Smooth tops of loaves. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
doubled, 35 to 40 minutes. Using a sharp knife, make a shallow slash
down the center of each loaf.

Bake at 375F until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from pans
to wire racks to cool. If desired, brush with melted butter.

Cal 132, Fat 3g, Carb 22g, Sod 325mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: I like it. It won't replace my regular recipe, we prefer
something a bit sweeter and lighter, but this will be a nice sandwich
bread, I think.

Review: love this bread it is great i used the 2 packets 1/4 oz and
it turned out great to me. I also substituted the butter for 8 tsp of
applesauce to keep a healthy theme going and it turned out great. i
will be making this instead of buying store bought bread.

Review: I used 4.5 tsp of yeast (2.25 tsp. in each yeast pkg). and I
think it is the correct amount.

Review: VERY good bread!! and could not be easier to make. It turned
out soft, buttery and sweet ... perfect!

Review: Can't help but wonder if the quantity of yeast is correct 2
package 1/2 ounce each, should it be 1/4 ounce each?! Will follow up
to advise if bread turned out right (I used a total of 5 tsp of yeast.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/no-knead-honey-oatmeal-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 131 Calories; 3g Fat (22.0%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
16mg Cholesterol; 297mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0412