Bread Machine Pecan Wheat Bread (or oven)

Sat, 25 Jun 2022 23:14:28 -0700
v122.n021.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                 Bread Machine Pecan Wheat Bread (or oven)

Recipe By     :King Arthur Flour Co
Categories    : Bread                           Bread Machine
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Hand Made
                 Posted

   2          teaspoons  instant yeast
   255                g  water -- (1C + 2 Tbsp or 9 oz)
   43                 g  dark brown sugar -- (3 Tbsp or 1 1/2 oz)
   28                 g  butter -- (2 Tbsp or 1 oz)
   241                g  Unbleached Bread Flour -- (2C or 8 1/2 oz)
   113                g  White Whole Wheat Flour -- or Whole Wheat
Flour, (1C or 4 oz)
   1 1/4      teaspoons  salt
   113                g  diced pecans -- or walnuts, (1C or 4 oz)

This loaf features the rich flavors of both wheat and pecans. Make it
start to finish in your bread machine, or let the machine do the
initial work, then take it out and bake it in your regular oven.
Either way, it's a winner.

PREP: 10 mins.
BAKE: 35 mins.
TOTAL: 3:35

To bake in a bread machine: Place all of the ingredients into the pan
of your bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
Program the machine for the basic cycle, and press Start.

Check the dough's consistency about 10 minutes before the end of the
final kneading cycle, adding additional water or flour to form a
soft, smooth ball of dough. Allow the machine to complete its cycle.
Cool the bread completely before serving.

To bake in an oven: Program your bread machine for the dough or
manual cycle. When the entire cycle is complete (including the rise),
remove the dough and place it in a lightly greased 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan.

Allow the dough to rise, covered, for about 1 hour, or until it's
crowned about 1" over the rim of the pan.

Bake the bread in a preheated 350F oven for 35 to 45 minutes, or
until it's a deep golden brown and a digital thermometer inserted
into the center of the loaf registers about 190F. Remove the bread
from the oven, turn it out of the pan, and let it cool on a rack.

Store completely cooled bread, well wrapped, at room temperature for
several days. Freeze for longer storage.

Tip: Can you make this bread without a bread machine? Of course.
Simply mix and knead the dough by hand (or using a mixer), and follow
the directions above for rising, shaping, and baking.

Review: Simple process, simple ingredients=Awesome bread!!! Toasted
the pecans and substituted pecan oil for the butter. Mixed, kneaded
and first rise in my ZO, Baked it in the oven in a 9 x 5" pan, the
dough rose so well it would have overflowed the smaller pan noted in
the recipe.

Review: This is my first recipe for my new bread machine that turned
out perfectly. Fyi, the calories per slice come out to 197. I added
up all the ingredients to make sure. I think my family will make this
recipe time and time again.

Review: This pecan wheat bread has excellent flavor and texture a
definite winner. The only issue was the bread was a little crumbly. I
did not use a bread machine, so I kneaded the dough for 10 minutes. I
did one rise for 1.5 hours then second rise for a hour. But I will
continue to make this bread especially for breakfast toast.

Review: Just made this bread, used pecans and added 3/4 cup dried
cranberries, and it came out amazing! So delicious and soft, with a
great crust. I pulled out my bread machine that I hadn't used in
several years and wasn't sure if this recipe would turn out good, but
it was really delicious! Even my picky kids loved it. This is a
keeper and will make again and again! Thanks for a great recipe!

Review: WOW! What a fabulous bread! I do not own a bread machine and
was grateful to see previous reviews before I began making this. As
suggested by a previous reviewer, I added dried cranberries (113 g.)
along with walnuts. I was skeptical that my first rise wasn't going
well, but it simply took a little longer - 90 minutes. My second rise
was much shorter. This is, BY FAR, the best bread recipe to date that
I've made. Beautiful crust, moist, fabulous taste! Thanks so much for
the recipe!

Review: When I found this recipe, I stored it in my recipe app on
iPad. Unfortunately, I didn't go back to read the comments when I
made it today. Like the others, I only let the bread rise once, per
the instruction. I thought it was odd with only one rising, but I
trust KAF recipes for not only flavor but accuracy. It was dense, but
a very tasty bread. Would it be possible to update this recipe to
include instructions NOT using a bread machine? It seems a bit
unreasonable to have to pour through the comments to understand the
process. Thank you!

Review: I have made this Pecan Wheat Bread several times, a perfect
loaf every time. My family just loves the flavor and texture of the
bread. I can't wait to try more of your recipes.

Question: The flavor of this bread is fabulous! However, if you are
not using a bread machine, does this loaf require a double rise? I
used my mixer to knead the dough, but wasn't sure for how long. I
think I could improve the texture, it came out a bit dense for me. I
would love to try again if more details could be added if you are not
using a bread machine. Thanks
Response: his recipe does require a double rise. The first will be
until it has doubled in size (ish). The second should take until it
is poking about one inch above the rim of the bread pan. There's not
really a specific amount of time to knead, but when it feels flexible
and fairly smooth, you'll know it's ready to rest. When using a
mixer, this probably won't take more than five minutes or so. Happy baking!

Review: I made this once and will make it again. I substituted
regular whole wheat for the white whole wheat. I made the dough in a
Zo bread machine and baked it in the oven. I baked it at 400F for 30
min, but it came out too dark. Next time, I will bake at a lower
temperature for longer.

Review: I have baked probably 10-12 different KAF bread recopies and
this has been one of the best. I subbed about an ounce of flax meal
for an ounce of the pecans (I also diced the pecans a little finer)
and the taste was amazing! The bread rose nicely, baked and browned
great at 40 minutes in my oven, and is very versatile for sandwiches,
french toast, etc. I calculated the nutrition info using a calculator
on sparkpeople and if you cut this into 12 slices its 202 Calories
per slice with tons of vitamins and minerals. A filling, healthy loaf!

Review: I am not an experienced bread maker, but I bought a good
digital scale and digital thermometer which made an incredible
difference in my bread making outcomes. This bread is my favorite
bread of all time. It's delicious as is, or toasted. Makes fantastic
sandwiches, French toast or bread pudding. You can't go wrong with
this bread recipe. The past 2 times I've made it I used King Arthur
Sprouted Wheat flour (which is their white whole wheat that's been
sprouted) to substitute the white wheat flour in the recipe. It's a
very moist bread and freezes very well. I've been trying other
recipes for fun, but keep coming back to this one. After the bread
cools, I slice the whole loaf with an electric knife and then freeze
3/4 of it since there is only one person in my household. You can
take out as many slices as you want and it tastes as fresh as the day
it was made.

Review: First time I made this I only changed ingredient amount to
fit mini Zo. Great results! The 3rd time I used 1/2 KAF bread flour,
1/4 white whole wheat flour, 1/4 semolina (just because I had so much
pasta flour on hand). My gosh this change made great bread over the
top! The addition of semolina seemed to make the texture perfect for
sanwiches or toast.

Question: What a delicious bread! It came out exactly as described. I
would love to make a larger loaf as an 8" x 4" is on the small side
for sandwiches. Is there a proportion change I can make? I guess I
could double the recipe and make rolls with the leftover dough. If I
do that, do I double the yeast amount as well? Thanks!
Response: As a general rule of thumb, most yeast bread recipes can be
easily doubled (including this recipe). You can simply multiply most
ingredients, using anywhere from 1-2x the amount of yeast called for
in the original recipe. The amount of yeast used can vary depending
on your preference, with more yeast leading to a faster rise but less
flavor development, and less yeast leading to more flavor development
but a longer rise. If you plan to increase your bread recipe by a
fraction (for example, make a 1.5x batch), you may want to use bakers
percentages, which we explain in some detail on our blog called
"Baker's Percentage: Scaling bread recipes up and down the accurate
(and easy) way." We hope this helps, and happy baking!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/pecan-wheat-bread-recipe

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 199 Calories; 9g Fat (38.6%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
5mg Cholesterol; 245mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0621