Ridiculously Easy Brioche Dinner Rolls

Sun, 30 Oct 2022 22:20:55 -0700
v122.n031.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                  Rolls, Ridiculously Easy Brioche Dinner

Recipe By     :Chris Scheuer
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

                         For the rolls:
   3 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- or bread flour
      1/3           cup  sugar
   1 1/2      teaspoons  kosher salt
   2 1/4            tsp  instant yeast
   4        tablespoons  butter
      1/2           cup  milk
      3/4           cup  hot water
   1              large  egg
   2              large  egg yolks
                         For the egg wash:
   1              large  egg
   1           teaspoon  water

These Ridiculously Easy Brioche Dinner Rolls almost make themselves!
There's 15-minutes light labor on your part (no-mixer, no-kneading!)
then the yeast and oven work the crazy delicious magic!

Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 3:40

Generously spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine flour, salt, yeast, and sugar in a medium-large bowl. Stir
well to combine. Set aside.

Place butter in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl and cook on high
power for 40 to 60 seconds or until melted. Stir in the milk then add
the egg and yolks and stir well. Add the hot water and stir to combine.

Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the egg/milk and
stir, from the bottom up, until all of the flour is incorporated. The
dough will be thick. Cover with plastic wrap or a plate and set the
bowl in a warm place for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until dough is doubled in size.

Sprinkle 1/4 cup of flour onto a work surface. Scrape the dough onto
the floured surface. Turn the dough with a dough scraper or spatula
until it's thoroughly coated with flour (You may need a bit more
flour). Divide the dough into 12 equal portions, each one about 3
ounces (or 82g). (I like to use a kitchen scale for this but you can
just eyeball it.) Roll each ball of dough to coat with flour.

Roll each portion of the dough in a little of the flour to coat.
Holding a piece of dough in one hand, tuck the edges under, rotating
the dough so that all the edges get tucked under and the top has
formed a smooth round ball. (If the dough feels sticky while shaping
the rolls, just roll it in a little more flour.) Turn the ball of
dough over and pinch the tucked edges together (see picture above in
the post). Place the dough in one of the prepared muffin cups. Repeat
with all of the dough portions.

Cover rolls with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise for 30 to 45
minutes in a warm area. They should start to puff up but won't be
doubled in size this time. Preheat the oven to 375F.

Combine the egg and 1 teaspoon of water. Brush rolls all over with
egg wash, being careful not to let it drip onto the pan.

Place the rolls in the oven and bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until
medium golden brown. Transfer rolls to a cooling rack or serve warm.
(When completely cooled rolls can be transferred to an airtight
container or can be frozen. Warm in the oven for a few minutes before serving.)

Cal 214, Fat 6g, Carb 34g, Sod 341mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 6g

Review: Easy and delicious! I really appreciated the weighted amount
for each roll, having them all the same size created a prefect
presentation basket at my buffet table. My guests loved them!

Review: These are fabulous! As you said, ridiculously easy and so
rich and tasty. This will be yet another repeater for sure. I need no
other recipes than yours these days. Thank you!!!

Review: What beautiful rolls! I can smell them baking now and taste
that rich dough hot from the oven. I think I just drooled a little.

Review: These rolls are delicious and they couldn't have been easier!
The recipe arrived this morning and I made them in the afternoon, my
husband says they look like they came from a bakery. The smell of
them baking was divine.

S(Internet address):
   https://thecafesucrefarine.com/ridiculously-easy-brioche-dinner-rolls/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 219 Calories; 6g Fat (25.9%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
83mg Cholesterol; 293mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0130