Roasted Tomato Focaccia

Sun, 19 Mar 2023 21:32:19 -0700
v123.n007.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Focaccia, Roasted Tomato

Recipe By     : Annalise
Serving Size  : 8     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   1                cup  water -- (250 ml)
   1         tablespoon  olive oil
   2               cups  bread flour -- (to 2 1/2C), (240-300 g)
   1           teaspoon  salt -- coarse
   1         tablespoon  granulated sugar
   2 1/4            tsp  Active Dry Yeast
   1         tablespoon  fresh thyme -- divided
   1                cup  tomatoes -- cherry, or grape tomatoes, halved (150 g)
                         Additional olive oil -- for brushing
                         Coarse salt -- for sprinkling

A flavorful, chewy, and soft focaccia bread topped with oven-roasted
tomatoes and fresh thyme.

PREP: 20 MINS
COOK: 20 MINS
RISE: 1 HR
TOTAL: 1:40

Heat the water and olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until it
starts to steam. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes,
or until temperature is 120-130F.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment,
combine 1 cup of the bread flour with the salt, sugar, yeast and half
of the fresh thyme. Add the water mixture and mix until it forms a
wet dough, scraping down the bowl as necessary.

Add the remaining bread flour 1/4 cup at a time while mixing until
dough clears the bowl and is tacky but doesn't stick to your fingers
when touched. You may not need all 2 1/2 cups flour.

Knead for 5 to 7 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place bowl in a
greased bowl and turn to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm
place until doubled, about 1 hour.

Punch down dough and knead a few times to remove air bubbles. Shape
dough into a rough 14" circle on a sheet pan, cover, and let rise for
an additional 15 minutes. Use your fingers to dimple the dough,
pressing your fingers all the way down.

Brush with olive oil and gently press the tomatoes into the top of
the dough. Sprinkle with remaining thyme and a heavy pinch of salt.

Bake at 375F until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm
or at room temperature.

Focaccia is best consumed the day it is made, but will keep well
wrapped at room temperature for a few days.

Cal 282, Fat 2g, Carb 54g, Sod 295mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 9g

Review: Made this for Sunday dinner! I dug a corned beef roast out of
the chest freezer and my husb wanted bread to go with it, so, ta da!
Just a half batch for the two of us, I made it in a cake pan and it
was done baking in 15 minutes. DELICIOUS with the little roasted
tomatoes and the coarse salt on top. And definitely don't skip the
herbs in the dough. I only have chives growing this year so that's
what I used, but I'll have to locate some thyme and try it again.
Thanks for the excellent, easy recipe.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.completelydelicious.com/roasted-tomato-focaccia-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 153 Calories; 2g Fat (14.1%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
0mg Cholesterol; 271mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 1218