Perfect 1-Hour Garlic Knots

Sun, 28 May 2023 19:38:17 -0700
v123.n011.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Buns, Perfect 1-Hour Garlic Knots

Recipe By     : Sommer Collier
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

   5               cups  all-purpose flour
   1 1/4           cups  whole milk -- scalded
   1 1/2           cups  unsalted butter -- divided
      1/4           cup  granulated sugar
   1         tablespoon  active dry yeast
   3          teaspoons  sea salt -- divided
   3                     garlic cloves -- minced
   1           teaspoon  italian seasoning
      1/4           cup  grated Parmesan cheese

Perfect 1-Hour Garlic Knots Recipe - Amazing made from scratch garlic
knots in 60 minutes! A perfect side dish or party snack with light
fluffy texture.

PREP: 40 minutes
COOK: 20 minutes

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with
parchment paper and set aside. Place the milk in a small sauce pan
over high heat and bring to a boil. (You could also microwave the
milk for 2 to 3 minutes to boil.) Pour the milk in the bowl of an
electric mixer, then add 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter to the hot milk and
stir until it melts. Add the sugar, 1 cup flour, and 1/2 cup ice cold
water to the mixing bowl. Stir and touch the mixture for temperature.
It should now be just slightly above room temperature as to not kill
the yeast. Stir in the yeast and let it foam for 5 minutes.

Using the bread hook attachment, turn the mixer on low. Add 2
teaspoons salt, and the remaining 4 cups of flour. Turn the mixer up
to medium-high and knead for 5 minutes. Then dump the dough out onto
a lightly floured surface and cut it into 12 equal pieces.

Stretch each piece of dough out to about 6-7 inches, then tie into a
loose knot. Place the knots on the baking sheets 4 inches apart. Then
brush them well with water, so they don't dry out, and place them in
the low-temperature oven to rise for 20 minutes.

Once the knots have expanded in the oven, remove them from the oven
and raise the temperature to 375 degrees F. When the oven reaches
375, place the knots back in and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until
slightly golden.

Meanwhile, melt the remaining 1 cup butter and season with minced
garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon italian seasoning. Once the
knots are out of the oven, dunk them in the garlic butter and turn to
coat. Place them back on the baking sheets and sprinkle with parmesan
cheese. (Mine have a little parsley on them as well.) Serve warm!

NOTE: If you have double ovens, you can set one to 180 degrees F and
one to 375 degrees F, for an even faster transition.

Cal 437, Fat 25g, Carb 46g, Sod 665mg, Fiber 2g, Pro 8g

Review: I have my second batch of these rolls rising within a week of
finding this recipe. Big thumbs up to this one. HUGE rolls that are
soft and tender. I put the garlic butter on the first batch but on
the batch I'm baking now I am just going to egg wash and sprinkle
with sesame seeds. That way I can put butter and jam if I desire. It
is the most beautiful dough to work with, all soft and elastic. I
weigh my whole batch of dough then divide by 12 so I can make sure
they are all the same size. Today I didn't have enough all-purpose
flour!! so I subbed one cup of bread flour. The dough is gorgeous.
These would be great for Thanksgiving, with or without the garlic butter.

Review: One of my favorites! I don't make them often because I would
eat 10 at a time.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.aspicyperspective.com/perfect-1-hour-garlic-knots/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 437 Calories; 25g Fat (51.2%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
67mg Cholesterol; 518mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 5 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0409