One Hour Bread

Sun, 28 Jan 2024 21:17:18 -0800
v124.n001.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                              Bread, One Hour

Recipe By     :Cooking Classy
Categories    : Bread                           Bread Machine
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Posted                          Stand Mixer

   5 1/2           cups  bread flour -- (780g), (I recommend using
King Arthur), then more as needed
   3 1/2           Tbsp  granulated sugar
   2                tsp  salt
   1 1/2           Tbsp  rapid rise yeast
   1 1/2           cups  water
      2/3           cup  milk
   3               Tbsp  butter -- diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
   2                tsp  lemon juice

The easiest white bread recipe! Lately I make it more than any other
bread or roll recipe, it's so fast and so delicious! Plus, I love to
save the second loaf for French toast the next day.

Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Total: 1 hour
Makes: 2 small loaves
Can be made with bread machine also

Meanwhile preheat oven to 375F.

In a bowl or in a large liquid measuring cup combine water, milk and
butter. Heat in microwave until it reaches 120 - 130F on an instant
read thermometer, about 1 - 2 minutes (it's okay if butter doesn't fully melt).

Meanwhile add 5 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast to the bowl of
an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix for
about 10 seconds to blend.

Pour warmed water mixture into flour mixture then pour in lemon
juice. Mix on a fairly low speed for 1 minute.

Scrape dough from paddle and switch to hook attachment, scrape sides
of bowl. Set to a fairly low speed and let knead 4 minutes, while
adding a little more flour if needed until dough consistency isn't
sticky (it can stick to the bottom of bowl but shouldn't stick to the sides).

Meanwhile spray two 8 by 4" or 8 1/2 by 4 1/2" loaf pans with
non-stick cooking spray.

Divide dough into two equal portions, and shape into logs each 8"
long. Transfer to prepared loaf pans.

Cover loaves with a large container such as a cake carrier or spray a
sheet of plastic wrap with non-stick cooking spray and drape over
loaf pans. Let rise until doubled in volume, about 25 minutes.

Bake in preheated oven until golden brown on top and hollow when
tapped, about 22 - 25 minutes. Invert loaves onto wire racks to cool.

Review response: How can I make this a wheat bread?

If you did 100% whole wheat you'd definitely want to add in some
vital wheat gluten (probably 2 Tbsp in place of 2 Tbsp flour), or you
could just try replacing half of the white flour with half wheat
flour. Also, the wheat bread will probably need to rise a bit longer.

Store loaves in an airtight container once they are almost finished cooling.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.cookingclassy.com/one-hour-bread/
Yield:
   "2 small loaves"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 206 Calories; 3g Fat (14.5%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 295mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Serving Ideas : And after baking brush the tops with a little butter
if you'd prefer. I love to save the second loaf for French toast the next day.

NOTES : 2018 - 0726