Pumpkin Honey Beer Bread

Sun, 28 Jan 2024 21:41:24 -0800
v124.n001.5
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Bread, Pumpkin Honey Beer

Recipe By     :Pam Lolley
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Posted
                 Quick Bread

   2               cups  sugar
   1                cup  canola oil
      2/3           cup  beer -- at room temperature
      1/4           cup  honey
   4              large  eggs
   15               oz.  pumpkin
   3 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   2          teaspoons  table salt
   2          teaspoons  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  pumpkin pie spice
                         Shortening

Mix the batter only until the dry ingredients disappear. (Lumps are
normal.) Overmixing causes tough or misshapen loaves.

Hands-on: 15 Mins
Total: 1:50
Makes: 2 loaves

Preheat oven to 350F. Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with a
heavy-duty electric stand mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a
time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add pumpkin,
and beat at low speed just until blended.

Whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until
well blended. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, and beat at low
speed just until blended. Divide batter between 2 greased (with
shortening) and floured 9- x 5" loaf pans.

Bake at 350F for 55 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, shielding with
aluminum foil after 45 to 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning if
necessary. Cool bread in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from
pan, and cool 30 minutes before slicing.

Mini Loaves of Pumpkin-Honey-Beer Bread: Prepare recipe as directed,
spooning batter into 6 lightly greased (with cooking spray) 5 3/4- x
3 1/4" disposable aluminum loaf pans. Decrease bake time to 35 to 40
minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Hands-on 15 min.; Total 1 hour, 30 min. Makes 6 loaves.

Notes: We tested with Back Forty Truck Stop Honey Brown Ale.

Review: I made this recipe for pumpkin bread yesterday and I do
believe this is the best pumpkin bread recipe I've ever tried. I used
a local blackberry honey, my own chicken eggs and Mirror Pond Pale
Ale by Deschutes Brewery. I was very careful not to over mix like
directions suggested. It's also a good way to use your own pumpkin.

Review: Made the recipe just as listed, and it's moist and delicious.
Used Trader Joe's canned pumpkin, and Dundee Honey Brown
Lager.  Everyone loved it as a not-too-sweet snack.   It took a
little longer than the suggested time to cook in my oven.  Next time
I may try adding pecans or dried cranberries,

Review: I have made this recipe time and time again, and it always
turns out wonderfully. I use 2 cups (16oz) pumpkin because that is
what my pie recipe calls for and thus is how I freeze my own pumpkin
and it is great. I most recently made muffins with the recipe; reduce
baking time to 25 minutes and go from there.If you don't use
paper/foil liners, be sure to grease and flour well or they will
stick to the pans.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-honey-beer-bread

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 363 Calories; 15g Fat (37.4%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 53g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
53mg Cholesterol; 498mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 3 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0201