dough enhancers

Peggy Doolin <peggyvt@ibm.net>
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:41:30 -0500
v098.n009.16
Hi Mary,

Following is the enhancer I posted (there was more than one).  I have
not tried it but Raphael has and said it was helpful.  I'll have to give
it a whirl too.

Peg
Essex, Vermont

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Dough Enhancer
 Categories: Breadmaker, Substitutes
      Yield: 32 Servings

        1 c  Lecithin granules

        1 tb Vitamin C powder

        1 tb Ginger, ground

  Mix all ingredients and store in tightly closed glass

  jar. Add to breadmaker in amount equal to yeast with

  other dry ingredients. Start machine. Apparently, the

  ginger gooses the yeast and makes it act more swiftly,

  the ascorbic acid strengthens the gluten, and the

  lecithin aids the oil in causing the strands of gluten

  to slip against each other more easily and thus rise

  better.

-----