[no subject]

rich <bzwax@tiac.net>
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 09:24:36 -0500
v098.n011.3
LGDarr <LGDarr@aol.com> wrote:
<<We are new to baking bread and are about to try making a sourdough starter -
could anyone suggest the best type of container to keep the starter in?  Also
- can it be kept in the refrigerator between uses?  >>

Hello: Not only can you, but you SHOULD keep it in the 'fridge between uses
if you don't use it every 1-2 days.

I use a mason-type jar with a bail lid with NO rubber fitting.  That makes
it covered, but loose enough to allow the forming gasses to escape. I
believe one can use glass or pottery, but not metal for a container.  I
presume plastic should be ok, too, but I don't really know.

best,
Debbie