paddle problems & bread flops

CHPTACEK@aol.com
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 13:26:43 EST
v098.n012.1
Hello breadbakers... like many of you I am new to breadbaking (Breadman for
Christmas).  I've been reading about the stuck paddles and I have the opposite
problem.  My paddle always comes out in the bread and then I have to dig it
out with as little damage to the bread as possible.  Is this a common problem?
Also, I have a bread recipe book called "Recipes for Fat Free Breads" by Jyl
Steinback.  I have tried a recipe for Cinnamon-Peach bread twice and it was a
total failure each time... one of those "from the breadmaker to the garbage"
failures.  Being fat free, the recipe uses applesauce and yogurt to
compensate.
I would assume the recipe took that into consideration when figuring out the
amount of other liquids to use.  I know I can reduce the liquid a tablespoon
at a
time til it comes out ok, but I could potentially have seven more flops before
I get
a decent bread.  Is there an easier way to figure out what I need to do to
this
recipe?  Sorry this posting went on for so long.  I really enjoy reading all
the
advice etc. from all of you more experienced bakers.

Sandy P.