Sourdough Starter

BreadMagician@prodigy.com ( LINDA REHBERG)
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 19:57:39, -0500
v098.n013.3
To:  Leslie & Randy

The best types of containers for sourdough starter are either glass
or ceramic.  Avoid anything with metal.  Plastic isn't recommended
because your starter can pick up foreign flavors and bacteria from
food previously stored in that plastic container.

Yes, it's a good idea to store your starter in the refrigerator.  I
find when I've tried to leave it out for more than a few days, it
turns moldy and then I have to toss it out.  You can even freeze it
if you don't plan to use it for months at a time.

Linda Rehberg
co-author of the Bread Machine Magic series of books