Re: Dill Bread

"Bill Hatcher" <bhatcher@gc.net>
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 07:56:03 -0500
v098.n014.4
Here are some from my files.  I have not tried any of these so really can't
vouch for them.

Regards.

-----
Bill Hatcher
bhatcher@gc.net
Southampton County, Virginia, USA

>--------------- MESSAGE bread-bakers.v098.n011.12 ---------------
>
>From: Tinindian7@aol.com
>Subject: Dill Bread
>Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 21:27:17 EST
>
>I am searching for a Dill Bread recipe I think I found in one of the Bread
>Digest.  However after searching many hours in the archives, with no luck I
>might add, I am still without a favorite recipe of my family.  If someone has
>a recipe for Dill Bread that can be made in ABM i sure would appreciate it.
>
>Happy Bread Making
>
>Tinindian7@aol.com

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                   COTTAGE DILL BREAD FOR BREAD MACHINE

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breadmaker

                        Bread
                        -----REGULAR LOAF-----
     1/2  cup           Water
   2      cups          White bread flour
   1      tablespoon    Dry milk
   1      tablespoon    Sugar
   1      teaspoon      Salt
   1      tablespoon    Butter
   1 1/4  cups          Cottage cheese
     1/2  tablespoon    Dry onion
     1/2  tablespoon    Dill seed
     1/2  tablespoon    Dill weed
   1      teaspoon      Fast rise yeast -- **OR**
   2      teaspoons     -Active dry yeast
                        -----LARGE LOAF-----
     3/4  cup           Water
   3      cups          White bread flour
   1 1/2  tablespoons   Dry milk
   2      tablespoons   Sugar
   1 1/2  teaspoons     Salt
   1 1/2  tablespoons   Butter
     3/4  cup           Cottage cheese
   1      tablespoon    Dry onion
   1      tablespoon    Dill seed
   1      tablespoon    Dill weed
   2      teaspoons     Fast rise yeast -- **OR**
   3      teaspoons     -Active dry yeast

+++ servings are based on 8 for regular loaf and 12 for large loaf. Hints:
Use small curd, lowfat cottage cheese.

 This recipe can be made with the regular or rapid bake cycles. Be sure to
follow loading instructions for your particular bread machine.
-- from ELECTRIC BREAD, by Innovative Cooking Enterprises, Inc.
PO BOX 240888, Anchorage, Alaska  99524-0888  Courtesy of Hunter Elliott

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                      Dak's Onion-Dill Bread Recipe

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Breads
                Low Fat                          Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                Vegetable & Herb Breads

   1      Package       yeast
   3 1/3  Cups          flour
     1/4  Cup           warm water
     3/4  Cup           cottage cheese
     3/4  Cup           sour cream
   3      Tablespoons   sugar
   3      Tablespoons   minced onion
   1 1/2  Tablespoons   butter
   1 1/2  Tablespoons   dill seed
   1 1/2  Teaspoons     salt
     1/4  Teaspoon      baking powder
   1                    egg

Just dump them in in that order, and press "play" :-)

>From: jeff@onion.pdx.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                      DREW'S FAMOUS ONION DILL BREAD

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breadmaker

                        -----MICHAEL HATALA  RJHP21A-----
                        -----FOR 1-1/2 LB. LOAF-----
                        -----ADD-----
   1      package       Yeast
   3 1/3  cups          Flour
     1/4  teaspoon      Baking soda
   1 1/2  teaspoons     Salt
   1                    Egg; unbeaten -- room temp
                        -----MIX TOGETHER, WARM AND ADD-----
     1/4  cup           Water
     3/4  cup           Cottage cheese
     3/4  cup           Sour cream
   3      tablespoons   Sugar
   3      tablespoons   Minced dried onion
   2      tablespoons   Whole dill seed
   1 1/2  tablespoons   Butter

Place dry ingredients and egg into inner pan. Warm next set of ingredients, add,
select white bread, and push start. Lightly brush the top with a little melted
butter at baking time if you wish.

 From Loafing It by DAK

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                         L & L BAKERS' DILL BREAD

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Breadmaker

   2      teaspoons     Yeast
   2      cups          Bread flour
   2      tablespoons   Sugar
   1      tablespoon    Onions -- dried minced
   2      teaspoons     Dill weed
   2      teaspoons     Parsley
   1      teaspoon      Salt
   1      tablespoon    Butter
   1                    Eggs
     1/3  cup           Cottage cheese
   3      tablespoons   Milk
   3      tablespoons   Water

Bring bread ingredients to room temperature and pour into bread pan, in order.
Select "white bread" and push Start.

 The virtue of this bread is its pungent herb and onion flavor and very light
texture.  In addition, it holds a special significance for us. It was such a big
hit as a gift that it eventually became the starting point for this cookbook. We
urge you to give this as a gift and see what good fortune awaits you, too.

 Tested in DAK R2D2.  Sylvia's comments:

 Source: _Bread Machine Magic_ by Linda Rehberg & Lois

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           SOURDOUGH DILL BREAD

Recipe By     : Great Bread Machine Recipes by Norman a. Garrett
Categories    : Breadmaker                       Sourdough

   1 1/2                LB. LOAF
   1 1/2  teaspoons     Active dry yeast
   2      tablespoons   Sugar
   3      cups          Bread flour