Re: Programmable Bread Bakers

The Ritters <adritter@txdirect.net>
Sun, 08 Feb 1998 13:42:09 -0800
v098.n014.9
> My proposed solution is a machine that I can program for a longer rise
> time. I see from the King Arthur Flour site, the Zoji they are selling is
> programmable, but its a bit expensive, $200. Is this just an example of you
> get what you pay for?

Hi Christopher~

Here is the schedule for the programmable function on my Zo S15. It does
allow large windows of time for each function: preheating, 0-10 min.;
1st knead, 0-30 min.; rest, 0-120 min.; 2nd knead, 0-30 min.; 1st rise,
0-120 min.; 2nd rise,  0-120 min.; bake, 0-60 min.; cool, 0-60 min.

I am ashamed to say I have never used it.  But I love my Zo and I hear
great things about the new model V2 that makes a 2 lb. loaf.  The Zo
motor has held up like a champ with four years of kneading heavy dough
-- I like to make whole grain, hearty breads. I also like the cake
baking function for quick breads and small cakes.

By the way, the price of the Zo has come down and the new model is even
better than mine.  So I don't consider $200. to be out of line for what
you are getting, IMHO.

~Sandee
 adritter@txdirect.net