REC: 7 Grain Bread

"Natalie Frankel" <Natalie.Frankel@mixcom.com>
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:48:05 -0500 (CDT)
v098.n032.19
For Donna (dmgdjm@gte.net) and Russell asking for a 7 grain bread recipe
that doesn't use white flour, here's my favorite.  It's a slight adaptation
of Donna German's recipe which I got from this list or the fatfree archives
several years ago and is originally from one of her bread baking cookbooks.

7 or 9 Grain Whole Wheat Bread

1 1/8  cup   water (very warm)
1 1/2  TB    Fruit juice or concentrate (warmed slightly) or applesauce
3      TB    Honey
1/2    tsp   Salt
3      TB    Vital Wheat Gluten    )
3/4    cup   7 or 9 grain cereal   )   mixed together
2 1/4  cups  Whole Wheat Flour     )
1      TB    Flax seeds (optional) )
1      TB    Raw Sunflower seeds (optional)  )
2      tsp   Yeast

Put into bread machine in this order or according to your machine.
Bake on 1 1/2 lb loaf cycle.  I don't have a whole wheat cycle, but
if you do, I'd imagine you would select it.

Natalie in Milwaukee
natalie.frankel@mixcom.com