Re: v098.n029

Ruth Warren <herblady@netnitco.net>
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:15:55 -0500
v098.n033.6
For anyone else wanting a "homemade Bisquick" mix, call your local
Cooperative Extension Service office. It's usually found in your county
seat along with other county offices. They have a booklet called "Master
Mix."

Tammie, cake yeast is still available, but the powdered form is required
for bread machines. Powdered is supposedly a better product in ease of
use and shelf life.

Janis, not sure why your stores are not carrying Fleishmann mixes. Could
be because they make small one pound loaves and newer machines are two
pounds? I never had any luck with Fleishmann mixes always short dense
loaves. Eagle Mills are about the best of the cheaper mixes I've found.
More consistent loaves. Krustez run a close second. In my opinion.

Bonnie, re chocolate chips melting. Did they use sweet cycle? It bakes
at a lower temperature. Also add chips at the beep. Even so I find the
chips melt a bit in my machine, a West Bend. I don't bother with over
sweet breads in machine. If I want a dessert, I bake a cake instead.

Don&Donna, have you tried Kitchenlink for the 7 grain bread recipe? I
know it's in one of the Donna German books, think #1, but not sure, and
I still have to mess with taxes! If you are still interested, zap me.

ruth

  * Visit me at http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/8785 *