Fleischmann's mixes

"J. Mathew" <joanm@bigfoot.com>
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 08:06:58 -0500
v098.n033.8
> I've been lurking for several months now, and really enjoy the
> wealth of information I get from this list.  Now, when I'm feeling
> REEEALLY lazy, I just dump a mix into my bread machine, and let 'er
> rip.  I have tried several of the mixes, including Krusteaz and
> Eagle Mills.  But the ones my husband likes best are the mixes from
> Fleishman's, the good ole yeast people.  My stores in Abilene, Tx
> began carrying these mixes some months ago, and kept them on the
> shelves just long enough for people to begin liking them. . .Now you
> can't find them for love nor money!  Has Fleishman's stopped making
> them? or are my grocery store suppliers just a bunch of horses
> patoots?  Any help on where to get these will be greatfully
> appreciated.

I checked on the Fleischmann's Web site (http://www.breadworld.com/)
and found their bread machine mixes listed on the Products page.  It
even includes descriptions of each mix, nutritional information, and
how to make the breads!

On the home page there is a feedback link
(http://www.breadworld.com/tips/feedback/feedback.phtml) for
questions or comments.  I'll bet you could contact them and ask how
to obtain these mixes.  Perhaps it will be as simple as asking your
local grocer to special order them.  Our local supermarkets are often
willing to stock items if asked, and you don't even have to commit to
a certain number of boxes!  They'll just order it and put it on the
shelves!

Hope that helps,
Joan