substitute for Bisquick

"J. Mathew" <joanm@bigfoot.com>
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 07:37:07 -0500
v098.n033.12
> I have seen a number of recipes that call for a certain amount of
> Bisquick.  I myself have never used Bisquick and was raised to look
> down upon it as something prepackaged that would cost a lot more
> money than one could make something better for.  Though I am now
> open to the idea that it may be a good product, I would still prefer
> to make an equivalent, which I would think would cost much less,
> that could be used in the recipes that intrigue me.  Does anyone
> have a recipe for homemade Bisquick mix that can be substituted for
> Bisquick in recipes?

I don't really like Bisquick, either, mostly because of the taste
and because it contains preservatives.  It is *so* much easier to
simply make your own biscuit mix!  I would just find a nice American
biscuit recipe and make it up without the liquid ingredients.  In
fact, my mother used to do this all the time as I was growing up.

There are many biscuit recipes floating around, but I've included
several here that you can draw upon.

Hope this helps,
Joan