kneading bread (KitchenAid/manual)

"J. Mathew" <joanm@bigfoot.com>
Sun, 10 May 1998 08:25:27 -0500
v098.n038.1
> 1) Joan - thanks for the explicit directions on converting machine
> recipes into hand recipes.  But I have another question for those of
> you who use a Kitchen Aid (which I use also) - if you knead with the
> dough hook for 8-9 minutes, does this mean you do not have to knead
> by hand????  I've been kneading around 3-5 minutes (maybe more as
> I'm called away to help children) and then kneading by hand for
> around 5-10 minutes, depending on how moist the dough is.....what is
> the consequences as a result of this?

There's one simple answer for this:  NO.  It is not necessary to
knead bread further after kneading with the KitchenAid, unless you're
making some special kind of bread and the instructions call for
unique measures -- can't think of any reason why this would be the
case, anyway.  So, in general:  NO.

Joan