U.S. ABM in Europe

Lenny Garfinkel <lenny@inter.net.il>
Tue, 19 May 1998 14:37:19 +0300
v098.n039.7
I have been running a William Sonoma machine purchased in the U.S. for two
years now and have never had a problem.  The trick is to have a transformer
massive enough to supply the power necessary.  My transformer is as big as a
cinderblock, and just as heavy.  I would not have bought such an expensive
thing just to run a bread machine, but I got it as a gift from a friend who
no longer needed it.  The difference in frequency does NOT matter, at least
in my case.  The french bread cycle takes 5 hours, as it should, and not 6
hours as someone on this list predicted it would because the local current
in Israel is 220V/50Hz.  YMMV.

By the way, I love the WS machine and would buy another just like it again.

Good luck.

Lenny Garfinkel
Leonard Garfinkel, Ph.D.
New Projects & Technology