Ezekiel Bread-XP

"Mega-bytes" <mega-bytes@email.msn.com>
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:04:32 -0400
v098.n050.12
There was some discussion about Ezekiel bread some time back.
Debra Ridings is a friend of my daughter.  She researched
the bread described in Ezekiel and has been making bread as
a hobby for quite some time.  Word spread about her Ezekiel
bread and she has quite a few customers including two health
spas, and an Emory professor.

I talked with Debra to get permission to post the article below
and her name.  She told me she was not interested in becoming
a company, and makes bread in her home because she enjoys it and
anyone coming to her door wanting food will be given bread free.

She had really done a lot of nutritional research and, as she said, this
bread has to contain all essential vitamins and nutrients to keep Ezekiel
alive for 2 years on nothing but this bread and pure water.  In order for
the bread to have all this nutrition the grains must be ground, and used,
on the day the bread is made. Any leftovers can be frozen for later use.
She said shipping the bread was cost prohibitive (she only makes $.32 per
loaf profit), but that she will be happy to share her recipe with anyone
wanting to take the time to grind the grains and make the bread.  If you
live close enough you can buy the bread - it's $3.50 per loaf, or flour
ground to your specifications, using any or these grains and beans can be
purchased (I have my order in for 5 lb.). By the way she's going to Idaho
to pick up 4,000 pounds of beans and grain because they can't get it to her
by the time she needs it.  The beans are sealed in 20 lb. buckets, and have
a shelf life of about 7 years if unopened.

This is the nutritional information she gave me:
Per loaf - 1 lb, 12-14 slices:
  Loaf  Slice
Calories 1,440  120
Sat Fat  0  0
Poly unsat fat 0  0
Mono unsat fat 9g  .75g
Protein  165g  13.75g
Carbo  99g  8.25g
fiber  396g  33g
sugars  63g  5.25g
chol  0  0
Sod (in beans) 36g  3g
Iron %RDA 324%  27%
Cal %RDA 180%  15%
PLUS 33 Vitamins, minerals and amino acids

Posted with permission:

EZEKIEL FASTING BREAD

"TAKE WHEAT AND BARLEY, BEANS AND LENTILS, MILLET AND SPELT:
PUT THEM IN A STORAGE JAR AND USE THEM TO MAKE BREAD FOR
YOURSELF." (EZEKIEL 4:9 NIV)

This bread is moist and cakelike in texture. It contains
14.5 grams of protein and 2.5 grams of fiber for each 100
grams of flour. It is rich and robust in flavor, more
so than any made with whole wheat flour. It should be
well chewed. Ezekiel was commanded by God to lie on his
left side in the town of Jerusalem for 360 days (the year
calendar of the Jewish people). Then he was to lie on
his right side for 360 days. This was to make a point
to the people of Jerusalem that God would punish them for
their sins if they did not repent. Ezekiel was sustained
on this bread alone, consuming only one quart of water
per day and 1/2 of a loaf of this bread. It was witnessed
by the people of Jerusalem after the two year period, that
Ezekiel got up and walked away, in perfect health.

The ingredients used to make the "Ezekiel" flour are as
follows: Hard Red Wheat, Spelt or rye, barley, millet,
Green Lentils, Great Northern Beans, Red Kidney Beans and
Pinto Beans. The bread is made with this flour, water,
honey, yeast and olive oil. It is all natural and the
flour mixture was milled fresh, just before making the
bread.

This bread contains all of the protein, amino acids, fiber,
vitamins and minerals to support life, along with pure
water. I hope you enjoy this treat. I know your body
will thank you!

Debra Ridings
OUR DAILY BREADS AND GRAINS
Cumming, GA 30040

770-844-9586

Hope everyone doesn't mind this long post, I thought it was very
interesting.

Martha