Yeast

Marcia Fasy <marciaf@rocketmail.com>
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 07:58:35 -0700 (PDT)
v098.n051.11
Recently someone asked about the difference in active dry and instant
yeast. Normally I buy Red Star Active Dry Yeast in the 2 pound package
at Costco.  Several months ago I bought a new package, not noticing
that it was not active dry but instant. I started having failures and
then checked the package and found that I was using instant yeast.  I
did some research and found that when using instant yeast in a bread
machine, you should use 1/2 teaspoon for each cup of flour rather than
the amount called for in the recipe. This has worked just fine for me.

Marcia

===
marciaf@rocketmail.com    ô¿ô
Glendale, OR, USA (in the beautiful Rogue River area, SW Oregon)
USA
****** Friendship - a knot tied by angel's hands ******