Apple Bread

Peg Doolin <peggyvt@ibm.net>
Sun, 05 Jul 1998 15:40:21 -0400
v098.n052.2
Jennie was looking for apple bread in the ABM.  Here are some I've
collected.  I haven't tried any of them, but looking at them, I might
just try one out.

Peg
Essex, Vermont

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: SAUCY APPLE BREAD * ElecBr-1
Categories: Breadmaker, Breads, Apples
      Yield: 1 Servings

  MMMMM------------------------1 POUND LOAF-----------------------------

  :          -Marie Frainier *DGCP02C*

      1/2 c  Apple cider

    1 1/3 c  White bread flour

      3/4 c  Plus (see Below)

        1 tb Wheat flour

        1 ts Salt

    2 1/2 tb Plain yogurt

    2 1/2 tb Honey

      1/3 ts Vanilla extract

    2 1/2 tb Unchopped walnuts

    2 1/2 tb Beaten egg

      1/3 c  Unsweetened applesauce

      1/3 c  Unpeeled granny smith apples

    1 1/4 ts Yeast (active dry)
  *** core and dice unpeeled apple.

-----

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Apple Bread (Abm)
Categories: Breads, Bread machi, Fruits, Fat-free
      Yield: 1 Loaf

  ~----------------1-POUND RECIPE (8 SLICES)-----------------

        1 ts Yeast

      1/4 ts Salt

        1 tb Nonfat dry milk

        1 ts Cinnamon

      3/4 ts Nutmeg

    2 1/2 c  Bread flour

        2 tb Lite applesauce

      2/3 c  Water

      1/2 c  Dried apples; chopped
  ~---------------1-1/2 POUND RECIPE (12 SL)----------------

    1 1/2 ts Yeast

      1/2 ts Salt

        2 tb Nonfat dry milk

        2 ts Cinnamon

        1 ts Nutmeg

    3 1/3 c  Bread flour

        3 t  Lite applesauce

        1 c  Water

      3/4 c  Dried apples; chopped
  Add ingredients in the order suggested by the bread

  machine manufacturer and follow baking instructions

  provided in the manual.
  Source:  "Recipes for Fat-free Living: Breads for

  Bread Machines" by Jyl Steinback; 1996. MM format by

  Mary Ann Young

-----

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Spiced Apple Bread
Categories: Breadmaker, Fruits
      Yield: 1 & 1-1/2 lb

  MMMMM-------------------SMALL LOAF - 8 SLICES------------------------

      1/2 c  Unsweetened apple juice;

  :          -- room temperature

      1/4 c  Natural Applesauce; room

  :          -- temperature

        1 tb Margarine/butter; room

  :          -- temperature

    1 2/3 c  Pillsbury best Bread flour;

      1/3 c  Rolled oats;

        4 ts Sugar;

      1/2 ts Salt;

      3/4 ts Cinnamon;

      1/8 ts Ginger;

    1 1/4 ts Active dry yeast;
  MMMMM-------------------LARGE LOAF - 12 SLICES------------------------

      3/4 c  Unsweetened apple juice;

  :          -- room temperature

      1/2 c  Natural applesauce; room

  :          -- temperature

        2 tb Margarine/butter; room

  :          -- temperature

    2 1/2 c  Pillsbury Best Bread Flour;

      3/4 c  Rolled oats;

      1/4 c  Sugar;

        1 ts Salt;

        1 ts Cinnamon;

      1/4 ts Ginger;

    2 1/2 ts Active dry yeast;
  If the bread machine typically uses 2 cups of flour, use small loaf

  recipe. If machine uses 3 cups, use large loaf recipe.
  Fellow manufacturer's directions for loading ingredients into

  machine.

  Measure ingredients carefully.
  Select regular, rapid or delayed time bake cycle and follow

  manufacture's directions for starting machine.
  HIGH ALTITUDE - Above 3500 feet: For small loaf, increase apple

  juice

  1 - 2 tablespoons and decrease yeast by 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon.  For

  large loaf, increase apple juice by 1-1/2 to 3 tablespoons and

  decrease yeast by 1/4 - 3/4 teaspoon.  Continue as directed.
  Food Exchange per serving: 2 STARCH EXCHANGES + 1/2 FAT EXCHANGE;

  CAL: 180; FAT: 3g; CHOL: 0g; SOD: 200mg; CARB: 32g; SUGARS: 7g;

  Protein: 5g
  Source: Fast and Health Magazine; Jan-Feb, 1996
  Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and Clan * CROSSPOSTED

  Submitted By COOKING  POUR FLORENCE THOMPSON

-----

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

      Title: Cinnamon-Apple Bread
Categories: Bread machi, Vegan, Vegetarian
      Yield: 1 loaf

  1 1/4 c  Unsweetened applesauce
      1 ts Cinnamon
    1/4 ts Nutmeg
    1/2 ts Salt
  1 1/2 c  Rolled oats
  1 1/2 c  Whole wheat bread flour
  1 1/2 ts Active dry yeast
    1/2 c  Raisins (or diced dried
           -apples)

  Follow your bread makers instructions.

  Total calories per serving: 120   Fat: 1 gram

  Source: Vegetarian Journal, Jan/Feb 1995 Pooh's Recipe dbase
  (lisa_pooh@delphi.com) 2/4/96

-----