Buttermilk Wheat Bread

JusNeedlin@aol.com
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 11:28:12 EDT
v098.n057.10
<<I'd like a machine recipe for wheat bread that won't crumble when you make a
sandwich with it.  The one I have works okay the first day, but then it's
only good for croutons!>>

Here is a wheat bread that has a wonderful texture. It's the first one that my
entire family will eat. I've tried recipes that used more whole wheat but I
ended
up being the only one to eat the bread.  The recipe calls for 1 3/8 cup
liquid.
I only use 1 1/4 cup in my machine so I'd suggest starting with that & then
adding if necessary.  Lavon

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                          Buttermilk Wheat Bread

Recipe By     : More Bread Machine Magic
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads

   1 3/8  cups          buttermilk
   1 1/2  tablespoons   oil
   3      tablespoons   honey
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
   2      cups          bread flour
   1      cup           whole wheat flour
   2      teaspoons     yeast

Place all ingredients in bread pan. Select desired bake cycle.
Book Recommendations: Medium crust, whole wheat, sweet
bread or Rapid Bake