Gluten

Vernon Webster <vernon@the-spa.demon.co.uk>
Tue, 1 Sep 98 00:02:45 +0000
v098.n064.12
     Thanks Alan for your very informative posting (Message-Id:
<199808300715.AAA12780@lists1.best.com>) on gluten, especially relevant
to this international list. Don't you wish that all flours had to have
the gluten 'strength' on the packet? Maybe they do outside the UK?
     Last week I made a mistake with a non-UK recipe because I didn' know
what a 'stick' of butter weighed and used double the amount (I now
understand it is about half a cups worth?). My blueberry cake ended up as
a very nice blueberry pudding. In a previous post I mentioned that
Australian cups and American cups are different.
          Vernon