Spelt Flour

"Ruth J. Sauter" <rjsauter@bhip.infi.net>
Sat, 19 Sep 1998 23:21:17 -0400
v098.n068.7
Robyn: I have a book "The Breadmachine Cookbook" by Melissa Clark and on
Page 52 she has a recipe for Spelt Bread, which I have made and it's very
good. I got the spelt flourin a 2# pkg from a health food store. The brand
name is Arrowhead. Melissa describes spelt as an ancient variety of wheat
that was one of the first grains ever made into raised loaves. It is very
fine grained and I use her recipe which calls for 1/2  spelt flour and 1/2
white bread flour. It makes a chewy loaf without the heaviness of most
whole grains. Hope this helps.
Ruth Sauter    rjsauter@bhip.infi.net