Re: Bread Machine Recommendation?

dsj <dsj@teleport.com>
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 12:59:49 -0800 (PST)
v098.n076.7
<Sallie wrote:
...I am dreaming about a  Zojirushi  and would like to know if those who have
one would buy it again? Is the higher price worth it? I think the ability
to program would be nice, but do you really use it?
<...
Sallie...I have had a Zojirushi for close to two years: Model BBCC-S15A.
I'm not sure if they make the same model now..the one I have seen lately is
a horizontal loaf, and I have no information about that one.  Yes, it was
expensive, but I have had absolutely NO problems with it.  I started out
doing everything in the bread machine, but for the past about 9 months, I
have been making sourdough bread, so I just do the kneading in my machine,
and let it rise and bake it in the oven, since sourdough needs a longer
rising period.  I know that I can program my machine to rise longer, but
must admit that I haven't taken the time to do that (besides, I like to make
different shaped loaves than the machine will make, or rolls, etc.).  I do
use the "dump it in the night before and have it ready for morning" delay
cycle, which works fine.  The Zojirushi is a very strong, heavy machine and
will do whole wheat doughs without any hesitation.  I understand that some
of the less expensive brands do not handle whole wheats as well.   The
heaviness of the machine also keep it stationary on the counter, and not
"walking" off onto the floor!  It is also much quieter than some I have
heard.  The baking pan is heavy and non-stick---a breeze to clean.

I sound like a Zoji commercial, but I have absolutely NO connection to the
company or any dealer; I'm just a satisfied user of the machine.  And yes,
if I need to buy a new one, I will certainly check out the current model
Zoji at that time.  However, I hope this one lasts a LONG time!  The size of
it fits perfectly in that spot on my counter....a different size would be a
problem.... :-(

I hope this helps you in your decision.
Sharon in OR
ID Badges:  http://www.teleport.com/~dsj/Badges-On-Line.htm (Fabric
Collectors Anonymous & others)
Wade Digest Picture/Recipe Pages:  http://www.teleport.com/~dsj/Jenomie-Pics.htm
ThingZ--database program for sewists & quilters stash, threads, etc:
http://www.teleport.com/~dsj/thingz.htm