Triple Oat Bread - 1 1/2 Lb Loaf [X]

Angie Phillips <nbe@flash.net>
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 12:12:20 -0600
v098.n081.10
*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                       Triple Oat Bread - 1 1/2 Lb Loaf

Recipe By     : The New Complete Book of Bread Machine Baking
Serving Size  : 14   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine

   1 1/4  C             Water -- Plus 1 Tablespoon
   1      Tbsp          Canola Oil
   1      Tbsp          Honey
   3      Tbsp          Molasses
   1 1/4  Tsp           Salt
     3/4  C             Whole Wheat Flour -- (4.1 Ounces)
     1/2  C             Flour, Unbleached -- (2.6 Ounces)
   3      Tbsp          Gluten, Wheat
   1      C             Rolled Oats
     1/2  C             Oat Flour
     1/2  C             Oat Bran
   3      Tbsp          Whey -- Powdered
   2      Tsp           Active Dry Yeast

Put ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed, or in
the reverse order if the manual for your machine calls for
dry ingredients first and liquids last. Select Basic Wheat
Cycle, Light setting (or the equivalent setting for your
machine). Push Start.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : NOTE:  This recipe gives both measurements for the
whole wheat and unbleached flour.  You can either use the
cups or measure it by the weight.  I have found from
experience with this book that the recipes are far more
superior if you weigh the flours instead of measuring by
the cup.  As the book explained, the reason for this is
because all flours weigh differently and you do not get the
right abouts if measured by cup (ie. wheat flour is a heavier
flour which requires gluten to help it rise. If you used the
same amount of a lighter flour it would put too much flour
nto the recipe and cause it to be too dry amoung other things.)
I use a small digital scale when I measure my flours.

Nutrient Analysis per Serving:

Calories:  136
Carbohydrates:  26
Protein:  4