yeast-raised cinnamon crispies

Dan Erwin <dherwin@soltec.net>
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 16:00:34 -0500
v100.n047.9
At any fair a person will always find ELEPHANT EARS; a large  deep fat
pastry-like snack made with a lite batter. My grandmother made something
like that, but it wasn't made with batter and it wasn't deep-fat fried.
It was baked. She called them cinnamon-pecan crispies. They varied in
size from approximately 6" to 10". They were quite crunchy and beat the
Elephant Ear flavor produced at the fair by far.

I was wondering where I might find a proper sweet dough recipe for the
dough and the technique to produce those delectable goodies. searching
through the web has not been fruitful for me. I guess I just am not
terms or key words for the search engines to find what I'm after. I was
hoping that some other home bakers could assist my quest. Thank you.

Dan