English Muffin Starter Times

"Frederick J. Krall" <fkrall@att.net>
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:21:02 -0500
v102.n015.12
Margaret Pope was understandably confused between "4 hour" and "overnight"
starter in the English Muffin recipe I posted recently.

She's right, it is confusing, but it's not critical.  I posted it as I
received it originally from Alan Zelt, and I should have corrected it as I
believe Bob the Tarheel Baker did, to read:

"...4 hours or overnight."

4 hours is good, and that's what I did.  I assume overnight, in the
refrigerator, would develop even more flavor.  Let it stand for 30 minutes
or so after this retarding before continuing with the recipe, to take off
the chill.

The muffins are great either way!

Rick Krall