Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins (RT)

Regina Dwork <reggiedwork@gmail.com>
Wed, 23 Jan 2019 21:27:22 -0800
v119.n004.1
We made them exactly according to the recipe and were very good. If
you make them we hope you enjoy them also.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                Muffins, Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat (RT)

Recipe By     :Barry C. Parsons
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                Muffins/Rolls

  121                g  large rolled oats -- (1 1/2C)
  120                g  whole wheat flour -- (1C) (60% whole wheat See Note)
  1         tablespoon  baking powder
     1/2           tsp  salt -- (1/2t)
  1 1/2            tsp  cinnamon -- (1 1/2t)
     1/2           tsp  nutmeg -- (1/2t)
  2                     eggs
  4               tbsp  vegetable oil
  6               tbsp  sugar
  163               ml  milk -- (2/3C)
  225                g  mashed ripe banana -- (1C)
  125                g  grated unpeeled apple -- (1C) (approx one large)

Oatmeal Apple Banana Low Fat Muffins - A very easy to make recipe for
moist, delicious breakfast muffins that uses a minimum of vegetable
oil and sugar, although you'll never miss it.

Note: 72g whole wheat flour + 48g all-purpose flour. You can use only
all-purpose flour if you want.

Mix together the oatmeal, whole wheat flour, baking powder,
salt,cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.

Beat together the eggs. oil and sugar until fluffy.

Blend in the milk.

Fold in the dry ingredients and when the flour is almost incorporated
fold in the mashed banana and grated apple.

Do not over mix. Fold in only until the fruit is mixed through the batter.

Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins and bake at 350F for 25
minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Best served warm.

Cal 177, Fat 6g, Carb 27g, Sod 115mg, Fiber 3g, Pro 4g

Review: These were fabulous!! I didn't put in any oil, substituted 4
tbsp of unsweetened applesauce, so didn't put in any apple. Used 3
bananas and added 1/2 cup of natural bran to up the fibre
content. Added crushed almonds and a tiny bit of brown sugar to the
top b4 baking. Turned out wonderful, so moist and taste delicious!!!
Oh and I used whole wheat flour.  Healthy, healthy, healthy!!!!

Review: What a great way use up some bananas and an apple that no one
will eat! Added 1/4c bran as suggested and used Greek yogurt in place
of the oil. Really moist, a perfect muffin for the fall!

Question: When you say 60% whole wheat flour, do you mean 60% of a cup
and the rest ap flour or just 60% of a cup?

Reply: It is sold as 60% whole wheat but if you have 100% whole wheat
you can mix it with 40% white flour.

Question: as anyone tried freezing/defrosting them? Thank you!

Reply: Yes. They warm well from frozen wrapped in aluminum foil in a
300 degree oven.

Review: I have also added 5 to 6 heaping spoonfuls of flax seed and
about 1/2 cup of dried cranberries :). Very good! Thanks for the recipe!

Review: I subbed 2 tablespoons of oil with non sweetened applesauce,
and I subbed half the sugar with splenda. Muffins were awesome. With
my subs calories were 118 per muffin, making 16 muffins. Will
definitely make these again.

Review: I just want to say this recipe is awesome. I don't follow
blogs but I am always looking for new HEALTHY recipes to incorporate
into my diet. Ya know, food that makes you sane. This by far is one of
the best healthy muffins I came across. I did make some adjustments to
lower the fat content. Instead of 2 whole eggs, I used 1 whole egg and
one egg white; used a 1/4 cup of unsweetened natural applesauce;
subbed regular sugar with Truvia; used unsweetened vanilla cashew
milk; and finally, I used regular oatmeal. They came out perfectly
sweetened and moist. The calorie count with my adjustments and macros
are

131 calories
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 21g
Fiber: 4g
Sugar: 3g
Protein: 4g

Thanks for the great recipe!

S(Internet address):
  "https://www.rockrecipes.com/oatmeal-apple-banana-low-fat-muffins/";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 177 Calories; 7g Fat (33.4%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
37mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0113