Homemade Japanese Pancakes

Sat, 13 Apr 2019 17:41:37 -0700
v119.n017.7
We made these and they are quite good. Too sweet for us, so we will
try 1 T sugar next time. I had to turn the temperature down and let
them cook longer than suggested to prevent burning. Don't overfill the
ring as they have to cook on the first side until batter on top is set
or you won't be able to flip them without batter escaping from the
ring.

* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Pancakes, Homemade Japanese

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 4     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted                          Side Dish

      1/2           cup  all-purpose flour
      1/2      teaspoon  baking powder
      1/8      teaspoon  baking soda
   1              large  egg
   5        tablespoons  buttermilk
      1/2      teaspoon  vanilla extract
                         Pinch salt
   2        tablespoons  sugar
                         Butter -- for frying
   6             strips  bacon
                         Pancake syrup -- to serve

These might just be the fluffiest pancakes of all time.

In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, salt
and sugar.

Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.

Heat a griddle, swirling around some unsalted butter. Line muffin
rings with butter, place on griddle and fill halfway with batter.
Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until large bubbles start to form. Flip
and cook for another 2 minutes until the bottom is golden.

While the pancakes are cooking, place the bacon on a tray and grill
until crispy.

Stack the cooked pancakes, then layer the bacon on top, and finally
drizzle with syrup.

S(Internet address):
   "https://www.tastemade.com/videos/homemade-japanese-pancakes";

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 164 Calories; 6g Fat (34.8%
calories from fat); 7g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 290mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch);
1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0413