Shirley's French Honey Bread

Mon, 17 Jun 2019 16:16:10 -0700
v119.n025.9
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, Shirley's French Honey

Recipe By     :Judith Hannemann
Categories    : Bread                           Bread Machine
                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Stand Mixer

   1 1/4            cup  warm water
   1 1/2            tbs  honey
   1 1/2            tbs  olive oil
   1                tsp  salt
   1 1/2            tsp  sugar
   2 1/2            tsp  dry yeast -- (I used bread machine yeast)
   3 1/2           cups  bread flour

This is the perfect white bread. Which also means it's a great
toasting bread and sandwich bread. I should mention that it's very
easy to make. You can do it either in the bread machine entirely,
just let the machine mix and rise and you shape, or totally do it
conventionally.

PREP: 90 mins
COOK: 45 mins
TOTAL: 2:15

If using a bread machine, add the ingredients in the order
recommended by the manufacturer. Set on BASIC/WHITE cycle...and
that's it if you want to do it entirely in a machine. If you want to
shape yourself, then set to DOUGH cycle and remove dough, roll and
shape and place in a greased 9 x 5 x 4" loaf pan. Cover and let rise
until double--about 30 minutes. Bake as for conventional method.

Conventional Method: Add all ingredients to the bowl of a large stand
mixer. Using dough hook at speed recommended by manufacturer, mix
dough and knead for 5 to 8 minutes.

Put a little oil in a large bowl and add the dough, coating one side
with oil. Turn oil side up, cover with greased plastic wrap and set
in a warm, dry, draft-free place to rise until double in bulk--about 1 hour.

Punch down dough and shape as for a loaf.

Place in well greased 9 x 5 x 4" loaf pan. Cover with greased plastic
wrap and set in a warm, dry, draft-free place to rise until double in
bulk--about 30 minutes. Note: Shirley cautions that this is a
high-rising bread, so once it's shaped, when it has risen to 1" over
the top of the pan, that is the time to bake.

Preheat oven to 350F. Bake loaf for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden
brown and tapping the bottom of the loaf makes a hollow sound (190F
on an insta-read thermometer).

Remove from pan and cool on a rack.

Question: Can I sub maple syrup or more sugar for this? I dont have
honey right now! thanks.

Response: You should be good with the maple syrup-even corn syrup
would probably do.

Review: Delicious! First time I've made bread not using a bread
machine and it was so easy!! Will definitely be making again.

S(Internet address):
   https://bakeatmidnite.com/shirleys-french-honey-bread/
Yield:
   "1 loaf"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 114 Calories; 2g Fat (12.6%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2
Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0527