Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping Muffins

Wed, 11 Sep 2019 19:12:25 -0700
v119.n037.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

            Muffins, Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel Topping

Recipe By     :Carolyn Riley
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

   2 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   2               cups  sugar
   1         tablespoon  pumpkin pie spice
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   2              large  eggs -- lightly beaten
   1                cup  canned pumpkin
      1/2           cup  vegetable oil
   2               cups  finely chopped peeled apples
                         TOPPING:
      1/4           cup  sugar
   2        tablespoons  all-purpose flour
      1/2      teaspoon  ground cinnamon
   1         tablespoon  butter -- or margarine

My mother always made these tasty muffins whenever our family got
together at her house. Now they're a family favorite at my house, and
my in-laws love them, too!

Prep: 20 min.
Bake: 30 min. + cooling

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda
and salt. Combine eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients
just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill 18 greased or paper-lined
muffin cups three-fourths full. For topping, combine sugar, flour and
cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs;
sprinkle 1 teaspoon over each muffin.

Bake at 350F until a toothpick comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.

Cal 243, Fat 8g, Carb 42g, Sod 150mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: These were really good. Had them available for guests for a
self-serve breakfast. Everyone commented on how good they are.
Followed the recipe as it was written. Making them again.

Review: I've been making these for many years and it's a family
favorite. I often add nuts and substitute the oil with applesauce.

Review: I just took my first bite. One word: yum! I will definitely
be serving these next Thanksgiving morning for breakfast. As others
have said I did cut down the sugar I used 1 1/4 cup and this is
sufficient. Next time I plan to add pecans to the batter. The balance
between pumpkin and apple is wonderful.

Review: These are very moist. Everyone loves them. I reduced the
sugar to 1 1/2 cup. I used a little less pumpkin pie spice. For
regular size muffins, they take 20 minutes to bake. For the minis, it
takes 11 minutes.

Review: I've been making these muffins for over 20 years and my
family loves them. I cut the sugar in half, I use 1 cup and leave the
streusel topping as is. These are one of my favorites.

Source:
   "Originally published as Pumpkin-Apple Muffins with Streusel
Topping in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pumpkin-apple-muffins-with-streusel-topping/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 244 Calories; 8g Fat (27.4%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
25mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0911