Crepes

Tue, 14 Jan 2020 17:49:50 -0800
v120.n003.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                               Bread, Crepes

Recipe By     :Zoe Francois
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Posted

   2 1/4           cups  whole milk
   3              large  eggs
   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour -- (6 3/4 oz.)
   3               Tbs.  unsalted butter -- melted, more at room temp
for cooking, (1 1/2 oz.)
   2               Tbs.  granulated sugar
   1 1/2           tsp.  pure vanilla extract
      1/8          tsp.  kosher salt

This basic crepe is simple and delicious with a hint of vanilla that
does justice to both sweet and savory fillings.

Yield: about 25 8" crepes

Combine the milk and eggs in a blender. Add the flour, butter, sugar,
vanilla, and salt, and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of
the blender halfway through, about 1 minute total. Cover and
refrigerate for several hours or overnight.

To cook the crepes, gently stir the chilled batter to recombine.

Heat an 8" crepe pan or skillet over medium-low heat. Lightly butter
the pan and  pour a scant 1/4 cup (about 1 fl. oz.) of the batter
into the center of the pan while tilting to swirl and evenly coat the
surface. Cook until the bottom and edge turn golden brown. Using a
small spatula, lift the edges of the crepe, then lift and flip. (The
first crepe is usually a mess, so don't despair if it isn't perfect.)
Cook the second side for just a few seconds, until golden in spots.
Slide the crepe onto a cooling rack. Repeat with the remaining
batter, adding more butter to the pan as  needed. You can stack the
crepes as you cook them; they won't stick.

Tip: To refrigerate or freeze crepes for later use, stack them
between sheets of wax  or parchment paper. Put the stack in an
airtight container or wrap in plastic wrap. Warm in a dry pan if you
like a crisp crepe or with a little butter to keep it moist.

Cal 70, Fat 3g, Carb 8g, Sod 25mg, Pro 2g

Review: The first crepe is always a messy one, but the others will be
perfect with this recipe. I make these with the cheese blintzes with
strawberry sauce on this site, and my family loves it.

Review: This was so easy and the crepes turned out perfectly. I love
that the batter is made in advance. For some reason I only got 12
crepes out of it though? Recipe says it will make 25. My crepes were
8", as directed.

Review: This is a SOLID crepe recipe. I wouldn't bother looking for
any other. So delicious, any way you serve them! Once you get past
the first "messy" crepe, the rest are beautiful. But don't let your
pan get too hot.

Review: This is the only recipe you will need for crepes whether
sweet or savory. I usually always make dessert crepes. So much better
than those paper like crepes that have no taste, aren't pliable at
all and taste like cardboard that you get at the grocery. It's quick,
easy and delicious. My sister was amazed at how simple they were to
make and how very delicious. Keep this recipe it's the best.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/crepes

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 66 Calories; 3g Fat (38.2%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
32mg Cholesterol; 29mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0610