Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes

Thu, 23 Apr 2020 19:10:10 -0700
v120.n017.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                   Pancakes, Light and Fluffy Buttermilk

Recipe By     :Kelly Senyei
Serving Size  : 4     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Main Dish
                 Pancakes/Waffles                Posted
                 Side Dish

   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  baking soda
   1         Tablespoon  sugar
      1/4      teaspoon  salt
   1 1/2           cups  buttermilk -- or buttermilk substitute (See Notes)
   1              large  egg
   2        Tablespoons  unsalted butter -- melted

Skip the store-bought pancake mix in favor of this 15-minute recipe
for Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes.

PREP: 10 MINUTES
COOK: 5 MINUTES

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking
soda, sugar and salt.

In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg and
melted butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just
until combined. (There should be lumps in the batter.)

Place a nonstick pan or griddle over medium-low heat. Grease it with
oil. Drop dollops of the batter onto the hot pan. Once bubbles form,
flip the pancakes once and continue cooking 1 to 2 more minutes until
the pancakes are cooked throughout. Serve immediately with maple
syrup or other toppings.

NOTES: No buttermilk? No problem! Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or
vinegar to a liquid measuring cup, then pour in milk (any variety) up
to the "1 cup" mark. Stir the mixture then let it sit for 5 minutes
until it curdles and thickens slightly. Proceed with the recipe as directed.

Do not overmix the batter or the pancakes will be dense and flat
rather than light and fluffy.

For an alternative to vegetable oil (and if bacon is on the menu),
try cooking the pancakes in bacon grease. The flavor and texture is
hard to beat.

Review: My new pancake recipe!!! Can't wait to have family over to
make for them. Thank you!!

Review: We really enjoyed these pancakes! They were so easy to make
and they turned out soft and fluffy!

Review: These were so light and fluffy! Definitely do not over mix
the batter. This will be our go to pancake recipe for now on.

Review: YUUUMMMMYYY!!! I have used a recipe very similar to this for
years and even shared it all over the world. THIS is my new go to.

Review: Best pancakes ever! they were fluffy and had a really nice flavor.

Review: Wow!,,,, I purchased buttermilk by accident. It was too close
to regular milk!

I didn't want to throw it away and I came across this recipe.

This is now my go to pancakes recipe

They were light and fluffy and delicious. My only change was I did
not have unsalted butter. So I used regular butter and left out salt.

Also do not mix too much. It's a tender batter

Thank you for such a good recipe.

Question: Wow, Thanks for such an easy recipe! One thing that got my
attention is the pan you are using! Here in Pakistan people just
preferred teflon coated non-stick pans, I would be grateful if you
mention the materiel of this beautiful pan and why it works so well
for pancakes?!
Response: I recommend using a nonstick skillet or griddle for perfect pancakes.

Review: I use this batter to make waffles. It is superb. Thank you.

Review: Just made these and they tasted amazing! I used coconut oil
instead of butter, in the mixture (because I was too lazy to melt the
butter haha), and substituted the buttermilk for vinegar and milk.
Best pancakes I've ever had!

Review: Made these for our family's winter solstice breakfast, and
they were a huge hit! Thanks for the great recipe. (I added 1/4 tsp
cinnamon and 1/4 tsp vanilla to make them extra special.)

Review: Great recipe, I used vegetable oil instead of butter and it
still worked great. I also added a teaspoon of vanilla. Family loved them.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.justataste.com/light-and-fluffy-buttermilk-pancakes-recipe/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 290 Calories; 8g Fat (25.8%
calories from fat); 10g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
72mg Cholesterol; 650mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0423