Potluck Pan Rolls

Fri, 24 Apr 2020 20:12:18 -0700
v120.n017.9
* Exported from MasterCook *

                             Rolls, Potluck Pan

Recipe By     :Carol Mead
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted
                 Side Dish

   2 1/4            tsp  active dry yeast -- (1/4 oz)
      1/3           cup  sugar -- plus
   1           teaspoon  sugar
   1 1/2           cups  warm water -- (110 to 115F), divided
      1/2           cup  butter -- melted
   2              large  eggs
      1/4           cup  nonfat dry milk powder
   1 1/4      teaspoons  salt
   5 1/2              C  all-purpose flour -- (to 6C)

The appealing homemade yeast-bread flavor of these golden rolls is
unbeatable. Soft and light, they're great alongside any entree. Folks
are disappointed if I don't bring them to potluck dinners.

Prep: 20 min. + rising
Bake: 20 min.

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup
water. Add the butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, 3 cups flour and
remaining sugar and water. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir
in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6
to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.

Punch dough down. Divide into 27 pieces; shape into balls. Place 18
balls in a greased 13x9" baking pan and remaining balls in a greased
9" square baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.

Bake at 375F for 17 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.

Cal 141, Fat 4g, Carb 23g, Sod 158mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: My family has been making these rolls for years. Everyone
loves them. We always make extra to eat with leftovers and make
sandwiches out of them. I use my bread machine to mix and then just
do last rising after making balls. Was and delicious. For those that
have a hard time with getting them consistent size. I eyeball and if
some seem to large and some seem too small I just pinch off a little
from larger and roll into the smaller ones. It does not affect the results.

Review: Delicious but easy yeast roll recipe. It was a hit with my
family and friends!

Review: I thought I'd never find this recipe. I lost mine, and I was
typing the name in wrong. This is the best recipe I have ever tried for rolls.

Review: I have made 2 batches of these rolls every Thanksgiving and
Christmas since 1999. I was just beginning to make homemade rolls and
these seemed very easy to make. The first batch is made on Tuesday
before Thanksgiving, because I know my family cannot wait until
Thanksgiving for these delicious yeast rolls. Definitely a keeper!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/potluck-pan-rolls/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 142 Calories; 4g Fat (25.9%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
25mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0424