Chocolate Chai Mini Loaves

Wed, 08 Jul 2020 20:14:41 -0700
v120.n027.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Bread, Chocolate Chai Mini Loaves

Recipe By     :Lisa Christensen
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

   2             ounces  semisweet chocolate -- chopped
      1/2           cup  water
      1/2           cup  butter -- softened
   1                cup  packed brown sugar
   2              large  eggs -- room temperature
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   3        tablespoons  chai tea latte mix
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/2           cup  sour cream
                         FROSTING:
   1                cup  confectioners' sugar
   1         tablespoon  butter -- softened
   1         tablespoon  chai tea latte mix
      1/2      teaspoon  vanilla extract
   4          teaspoons  whole milk -- to 5 tsp

This bread is irresistible! A friend gets mad when I make it because
I give her a loaf and she can't help but eat the whole thing!

Prep: 25 min.
Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes: 3 mini loaves (6 slices each)

In a microwave, melt chocolate with the water; stir until smooth.
Cool slightly. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until
light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each
addition. Beat in vanilla, then chocolate mixture.

Combine the flour, latte mix, baking soda and salt; add to creamed
mixture alternately with sour cream.

Transfer to 3 greased 5 3/4x3x2" loaf pans. Bake at 350F for 35 to 40
minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool
completely.

For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, latte mix,
vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Frost tops of loaves.

Health Tip: Skip the frosting and dust the top of these loaves with
confectioners' sugar to cut calories by almost 20 percent.

Cal 208, Fat 5g, Carb 30g, Sod 206mg, Fiber 1g. Pro 3g

Review: I happened to see this recipe and loved the idea of chocolate
and chai together. I didn't have all the ingredients at hand, but I
did have a boxed chocolate cake mix (the kind with pudding in the
mix) and decided to use this instead. I don't know what the homemade
one would taste like, but this was fabulous. I had instant chai latte
mix and added this to the boxed mix and it came out great. Also did
the same thing to a container of vanilla cream frosting, added the
instant chai tea mix and used an electric hand mixer to bring it to a
fluffy consistency. Next time, I'll make sure I have the ingredients
to make it like the original recipe calls for.

Review: Made three excellent mini loaves. Frosting is amazing. Have
to make sure the latte mix dissolves fully in the frosting or it can
be gritty. I used Oregon Chai Tea Latte mix which came in individual
servings and one packet was perfect for one batch.

Review: I make one regular loaf. My family loved it.I found the chai
tea at our local market, but it was alot cheaper at Trader Joes
($2.99 in So. Ca.). I will use the frosting on many more cakes,
cupcakes etc. It was wonderful!

Review: Very Delicious. I also thought it was more cake-like than
bread so I made 24 cupcakes instead. I suggest doubling the frosting
recipe if you do cupcakes. They turned out great and were a hit at
work. I will be making these again for sure.

Review: Made 28 for Christmas gifts for employees, teachers and
friends. Great recipe because it makes 3 mini loaves. Taste is
outstanding and a bit exotic due to the chai tea mix. LOVE IT

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chocolate-chai-mini-loaves/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 199 Calories; 9g Fat (38.6%
calories from fat); 2g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 205mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch);
0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0708