Cappuccino Muffins

Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:56:19 -0700
v121.n020.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                            Muffins, Cappuccino

Recipe By     : Janice Schulz
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Chocolate/Cocoa                 Food Processor
                 Hand Made                       Posted

                         ESPRESSO SPREAD:
   4             ounces  cream cheese -- cubed
   1         tablespoon  sugar
      1/2      teaspoon  instant coffee granules
      1/2      teaspoon  vanilla extract
      1/4           cup  chocolate chips -- miniature semisweet
                         MUFFINS:
   2               cups  all-purpose flour
      3/4           cup  sugar
   2 1/2      teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  ground cinnamon
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1                cup  milk -- 2%
   2        tablespoons  instant coffee granules
      1/2           cup  butter -- melted
   1              large  egg
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
      3/4           cup  chocolate chips -- miniature semisweet

These are my favorite muffins to serve with a cup of coffee or a tall
glass of cold milk. Not only are they great for breakfast, they make
a tasty dessert or midnight snack. I get lots of recipe requests
whenever I serve them. The espresso spread is also super on a bagel.

Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 20 min.
Makes: about 14 muffins (3/4 cup spread)

In a food processor, combine the spread ingredients; cover and
process until well blended. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and
refrigerate until serving.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon
and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and coffee granules until
coffee is dissolved. Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry
ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.

Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375F
for 17 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center
comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire
racks. Serve warm with espresso spread.

Cal 273, Fat 14g, Carb 34g, Sod 261mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Review: I absolutely loved this recipe!!! Super soft,tasty. I'm a fan
of this recipe and I made two batches in one day because the first
one was gone in a split second. Next time I'll do the topping so that
I can give a full 5-stars. Thank you for this !

Review: I have made this recipe dozens of times. They are some of the
most requested items I make. The only change I make is that I double
the spread recipe and I make the muffins as mini muffins.

Review: These are so tasty and easy to make! I bake them often on the
weekends for breakfast. Took a batch to a bake sale one day and they
were the first to go! Delicious!

Review: I've been making this muffin for years.  I actually got a
proposal out of it.   ( true humor- my friend is a coffee fiend if I
ever met one!)   will have to try the sour cream and chai  version
listed by lots_a_smiles.   The Espresso Spread is wonderful..  I
might have to figure out how to get it like a caramel macchiato
too.  Love this recipe, it will be a staple of yours too!

Review: These muffins...are superb. Presentation? Beautiful. They
have those decorative little cracks over smooth, lightly rounded
tops, perfectly baked. Flavor? Delicious. Rich, warm,
coffee-chocolate goodness. Texture? Fantastic - perfect balance of
moist and crumbly. Spread? Like coffee cream cheese cookie dough.
Give a muffin a quick, refreshing zap in the microwave and pair it
with some of this spread - you get warm, sweet muffin crumbles paired
with cool, creamy, tangy-sweet espresso spread. I used espresso
powder for the instant coffee, and these were magnificent with a cup
of tea in the mornings. Because espresso and tea can get along.

Review: Easy to make quite dense. I gave it 4 stars cuz it doesn't
taste like coffee atall..more like cinnamon cupcakes....next time if
I make these will reduce cinnamon to half a tsp, perhaps add
cappuccino powder instead of coffee granules.....glaze was ok...I
used a tbsp or two of honey to sweeten the glaze to my liking....it
gave a touch of coffee flavouring to the cupcakes....these r better
next day...my 8 yr old loves coffee flavour but didn't go any where
near these ....I think it needs coffee bits instead of chocolate
chips to truly enhance its cappuccino flavor.

Review: This is pretty tasty recipe.  I changed it up a bit
though.  I substituted one of the cups of flour with whole wheat
flour(less about 2 tablespoons) and added 2 tablespoons of ground
flax seed.  I also added essence of orange to the recipe and used
espresso coffee granules instead off regular coffee granules.  I
wasn't crazy about the chocolate chips in the topping and would
perhaps next time just add a bit of cocoa.  We really enjoyed this recipe!

Review: This is one of my favorites! I do cut the butter to 6 T. and
the sugar to 2/3 c. in the muffin portion. You will not be
disappointed in these! Delic!

Review: These muffins are amazing!  A great combination of coffee
flavor combined with sweetness and chocolate.  What could be
better?  I made them for an early morning meeting at work and they
were a huge hit.

Review: OMG Amazing. I didn't make the espresso spread - but the
muffins were so moist and tasty. I was dancing in my seat eating them
and I am not normally a chocolate eating muffin person. You have to
try them!!!!

Review: These are delicious! My daughter is gluten free so when she
comes up to visit, I make these with 1 cup of rice flour, 2/3 cup of
Bob's All purpose flour, 1/3 cup of cornstarch, and 2 tsp. of xanthan
gum instead of the flour. You can barely tell that they're gluten
free and sometimes they even taste better than the normal recipe!

Review: I followed the recipe except I used 1T. of baking powder
because I had a similar recipe that I liked for blueberry muffins
that called for 1T. These were really very good. There seemed to be a
lot of butter that came through the paper baking cups on the bottom.
I am wondering if we couldn't use a little less butter in the recipe.
I tried this recipe so I could bring the muffins as a hostess gift
this evening. I will certainly be proud to offer these up.

Review: Very yummy!  The only change I made was I used 1/4 C
applesauce and 1/4 C butter and lessened the sugar to 1/2 cup.  I
have made these many times and they can be a little dry, so this last
time I baked them at 350 for 20 minutes and they were very moist.
This is one of the recipes my family requests the most!  Thanks for sharing!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cappuccino-muffins/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 293 Calories; 15g Fat (45.2%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
44mg Cholesterol; 270mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0430