Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

Sun, 30 May 2021 17:22:18 -0700
v121.n021.4
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Muffins, Banana Blueberry Oatmeal

Recipe By     : Natalie
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fruit
                 Grains                          Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls                   Posted
                 Side Dish                       Snacks

   2                     eggs -- slightly beaten
      1/4           cup  canola oil
      1/4           cup  plain yogurt
   1                cup  bananas -- mashed ripe, 2-3 medium
   1                cup  brown sugar -- lightly packed
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
   1 1/2           cups  flour
   1                cup  quick cooking oats -- plus
      1/4           cup  quick cooking oats -- more for sprinkling on
top if desired
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
   1           teaspoon  cinnamon
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1                cup  blueberries

Everyone loves muffins- well at least I know I do! These Blueberry
Banana Oatmeal muffins are the perfect way to start the day. The are
packed full of juicy blueberries, oatmeal, and banana, which is a
perfect combination. I love to have one as a quick breakfast, but
also as a snack, dessert, coffee companion... you get the idea! These
muffins are not overly sweet, but they are super flavourful! The
oatmeal adds a hearty texture and helps keeps you full - but it won't
stop you from sneaking a second or third muffin off the tray!

I wanted lots of banana flavour and lots of moisture, but I didn't
want a dense, soggy muffin (yuck!). After many attempts, I am so
proud of this recipe! It really is the perfect balance of flavors.

As a bonus, these muffins are made using just ONE BOWL - so not only
are they tasty they are incredibly easy too! Try and use very ripe
bananas for the best flavour; the ones that lay neglected all brown
and spotty at the end of the week are perfect for this. Some from
your collection in the freezer (that I know we all have) would work
fabulously as well - but just be sure to thaw them completely before
using them.

Prep: 10 Minutes
Cook: 20 Minutes
Total: 30 Minutes

Preheat oven to 350F, grease or line a muffin tin and set aside

In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil and yogurt until thoroughly combined

Mix in bananas, brown sugar, and vanilla extract

In a separate bowl, stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking
soda, cinnamon and salt, then add to the banana mixture and stir
until just combined

Gently stir in blueberries, then spoon batter into prepared muffin
tin, filling each muffin cavity all the way

Sprinkle tops with some more oats if desired, then bake in preheated
oven 18 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean

Allow to cool in pan for several minutes, then transfer to cooling
rack to finish cooling.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.foodtalkdaily.com/44326731/banana-blueberry-oatmeal-muffins

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 173 Calories; 5g Fat (26.0%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
29mg Cholesterol; 236mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0202