Strawberry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread

Sun, 30 May 2021 16:10:25 -0700
v121.n022.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

               Banana Bread, Strawberry Greek Yogurt

Recipe By     : Kevin Lynch
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Fatfree
                 Fruit                           Hand Made
                 Posted                          Quick Bread

   1 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour
   1           teaspoon  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/2           cup  brown sugar
   3              large  bananas -- over-ripe mashed
   2                     eggs
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
      1/2           cup  Greek yogurt
   1                cup  strawberries -- sliced

A moist, light and fluffy strawberry banana bread with Greek yogurt.

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Total: 1:10

Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.

Mix brown sugar, bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, yogurt and
strawberries in another large bowl.

Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.

Pour the mixture into a greased 9x5" loaf pan.

Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown and a toothpick
poked into the center comes out clean, about 60 minutes.

Review: This sounds great! I love using yogurt in my baking. I've
tried a beet cake with Greek yogurt before and it was moist but not
too decadent. Perfect.

Review: Love cooking with yoghurt and I love strawberries so this
bread would be perfect for me! It looks delicious.

Review: Just took this out of the oven and it's amazing. Cut it up
hot, put some butter on it... perfect for a rainy Winter morning!

Review: Yummy! Love Banana breads and have been baking with Greek or
Balkan yoghurt too. I would love to try this recipe minus the butter
as suggested.

Review: Just made this cake for breakfast this morning and it was
delicious!! Very easy to put together, not too sweet, and the combo
of fruit and Greek yogurt made for a very moist cake.

Review: Oh my! You've made my day! Thanks for making it healthy. I'll
leave off the butter though.

Review: I made this today. Delicious! I didn't have Greek yogurt so I
strained regular yogurt and used that. Worked great!

Review: The baking time for quick breads can vary a bit so the best
way to tell when it is ready to come out of the oven is the toothpick
test. If the toothpick does not come out clean when pushed into the
center, let it bake some more. If the top is looking a little dark,
you can cover it with foil.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.closetcooking.com/strawberry-greek-yogurt-banana-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 141 Calories; 2g Fat (10.0%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
37mg Cholesterol; 199mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0503