Pull Apart Garlic Bread

Sun, 30 May 2021 17:18:23 -0700
v121.n023.6
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Bread, Pull Apart Garlic

Recipe By     : Bee
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Posted
                 Side Dish

   1           teaspoon  active dry yeast
      1/2           cup  warm water
   1         tablespoon  white sugar
   1         tablespoon  unsalted butter -- softened
      1/2           cup  milk
   1           teaspoon  salt -- heaping
   3               cups  bread flour
                         Topping:
   4        tablespoons  butter -- melted
   1              Pinch  salt
                         finely chopped fresh parsley leaves -- some
   2             cloves  garlic -- finely minced

Homemade pull apart garlic bread recipe that is easy, fool proof and
yields the softest and best garlic bread ever!

Prep: 1:20
Cook: 30 minutes
Total: 1:50

Add warm water to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook.
Sprinkle water with sugar and yeast. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes until
foamy. Mix in butter, milk, salt and stir in the flour gradually.
Knead for 7 to 10 minutes. Dough should stick to the bottom of the
bowl but clears sides. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.

In a small bowl, combine the butter, salt, parsley leaves, and
garlic. Cut dough into small round pieces and dip into the butter
mixture. Arrange the dough balls to your desired shape (I did 2x4).
Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Reserve the leftover
butter mixture.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Baste the butter
mixture on the pull-apart garlic bread after they are out of the oven.

Review: I made these tonight! Lovely dough, exact yield and so easy.
No kneading, very important with my shoulder injury. My issue was
that 30 minutes at 350F was way too long. Keep an eye out, maybe
check them in 20? Husband and my son loved them despite being very
crusty. I can't lie, me too!

Question: Looks delicious, but I bake so rarely that I don't own a stand mixer.
Response: Warm the water to 27C, add yeast and sugar into large
mixing bowl. Stir and rest about 10 mins until foamy. Then add the
rest of the ingredients. Using a spatula mix it up until roughly
incorporated. Then use your hand to knead it a couple of minutes in
the bowl (at this stage you can still add more flour if too wet, or
more water if too dry). Then transfer onto floured surface and
continue kneading until dough feels soft and elastic (when you poke
your finger on the dough ball the indent caused will fill back). Then
transfer back onto an oiled bowl and cover with cling wrap to rise.

Review: I made these for dinner tonight and we absolutely LOVED them.
This will now be my "go to" recipe for garlic rolls! The only thing
that I did differently was I made the dough in my bread machine and
then made the balls and dunked in the butter mixture and let set for
about 30 minutes before baking. So incredibly easy to make and
absolutely delicious!

Review: I made these last night and they turned out like little puffs
of perfection! I went one step further and added some garlic/butter
mixture into the dough to make it more garlic-eeee. Thank you for
this recipe! Its a keeper!

Question:Hi do you know if you can do the prove overnight in the fridge?
Response: No, you can't prove in the fridge.

S(Internet address):
   https://rasamalaysia.com/pull-apart-garlic-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 214 Calories; 7g Fat (29.1%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 17mg Cholesterol; 281mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0310