Raspberry and Lime Muffins

Sun, 30 May 2021 17:55:13 -0700
v121.n024.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                        Muffins, Raspberry and Lime

Recipe By     : Kevin Lynch
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Desserts
                 Fruit                           Hand Made
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted                          Snacks

   2               cups  flour
   2          teaspoons  baking powder
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
      1/2           cup  butter -- room temp
      3/4           cup  sugar -- white
   2                     eggs
   1           teaspoon  vanilla extract
      1/4      teaspoon  lime zest
      1/2           cup  milk
   1 1/2           cups  fresh raspberries
      1/4           cup  lime juice
   1           teaspoon  grated lime zest
      1/2           cup  icing sugar
   3        tablespoons  sugar

Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.

Beat in the eggs, vanilla extract and lime zest.

Mix in the milk.

Mix in the dry ingredients.

Gently fold in the raspberries.

Spoon the mixture in to a greased muffin pan.

Bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven until a toothpick inserted into
the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Mix the lime juice and zest with the icing sugar and pour over the muffins.

Sprinkle the muffins with the sugar.

Broil the muffins until the sugar on top bubbles, about 2 minutes. Be
careful and watch them to make sure that they do not burn.

Review: Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Mine turned out
great, apart from the fact that it was too moist, because i got too
greedy and used too many berries.

Review: Ahhh, so great! I baked these for a bake sale for my husbands
university having never baked them before & he came home saying they
were a hit!! I'm making a double batch right now & I can't wait! The
batter tastes amazing!!!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.closetcooking.com/raspberry-and-lime-muffins/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 253 Calories; 9g Fat (32.1%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
57mg Cholesterol; 265mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0726