Getting stuff to stick to rolls

Sue <sue.interport@rcn.com>
Thu, 7 Oct 2021 20:34:43 -0400 (EDT)
v121.n036.2
I made kummelweck rolls last week, which are similar to kaiser rolls
but have caraway seeds and coarse salt on top. The recipe I used and
others that I've seen say to use an egg white wash on the formed
rolls, then sprinkle the seeds and salt. But I found that too much of
the toppings fell off the baked product, particularly when handling
the rolls to make sandwiches (beef on weck, of course).

Does anyone have any hints on getting the toppings to stick better? Or
do I just overload the rolls with topping so that a decent amount
remains and accept that the rest will be wasted?

Thanks,
Sue