Southern Biscuits with Mayonnaise

Sun, 05 Dec 2021 19:31:42 -0800
v121.n043.2
* Exported from MasterCook *

                Biscuits, Southern Biscuits with Mayonnaise

Recipe By     :Debby
Categories    : Biscuits/Scones                 Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Posted

      2/3           cup  buttermilk
   2        tablespoons  vegetable oil
   3        tablespoons  mayonnaise
   2               cups  self-rising flour

A tender, old-fashioned Southern biscuit recipe from my
mother-in-law. Grab your cast iron skillet, and you are ready to make
these tasty biscuits!

In a large bowl mix together the buttermilk, oil, and mayonnaise.
Gradually stir in the flour and mix until all ingredients are combined.

Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. If dough is sticky knead
in a little extra flour. Pat the dough out to about a 1/2" thickness.
Use a biscuit cutter to cut dough into pieces. Place into an oiled
cast iron skillet. Allow biscuits to rest in the pan for 10 minutes.

Bake in a preheated 425F (220C) until nicely browned, about 20 minutes.

NOTE: One reviewer wrote: I added a tsp. of garlic powder and used
melted butter vs. veg oil cutting the amount in half. I baked these
in muffin cups lined with paper liners sprayed with a little Pam
which made things a lot easier!

S(Internet Address):
   http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Southern-Biscuits-with-Mayonnaise
Start to Finish Time:
   "0:45"
T(Cook Time):
   "0:20"

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 124 Calories; 6g Fat (39.9%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
2mg Cholesterol; 298mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Non-Fat
Milk; 1 Fat.

NOTES : 2015 - 0723