Aunt Lillian's Pumpkin Bread

Sun, 23 Jan 2022 19:48:29 -0800
v122.n002.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, Aunt Lillian's Pumpkin

Recipe By     :Aunt Lillian
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Nuts                            Posted
                 Quickbread

   2                     eggs
   1 3/4           cups  sugar
   1                cup  canned pumpkin
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1           teaspoon  cinnamon
   1           teaspoon  freshly grated nutmeg
      1/2           cup  vegetable oil
      1/3           cup  water
   1           teaspoon  baking soda
   1 3/4           cups  all-purpose flour
   1         tablespoon  vanilla extract
   1                cup  chopped black walnuts

My aunt wrote this pumpkin bread recipe on a card for me 46 years
ago. I still have her original handwritten card. We honor her every
Christmas Eve when we include this bread on our menu. Three cheers
for Aunt Lillian!

Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5" loaf pans.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, salt,
cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in the oil, water, baking soda, flour,
vanilla, and walnuts until well blended. Divide the batter equally in
the pans. Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 250F,
and continue baking the loaves for an additional 15 minutes, until a
toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with real
whipped cream and a dash of freshly ground nutmeg.

Recipe by Shay Southwick Thurow, Port North, Fla.

Source:
   "Shay Southwick Thurow, Fla."
S(Internet Address):
   http://relish.com/recipes/aunt-lillians-pumpkin-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 231 Calories; 11g Fat (40.9%
calories from fat); 4g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
24mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2015 - 0923